What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Have no idea yet.....will look for ideas from you all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Lamb loin chops, sauteed potatoes, spinach salad EASY!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Roxanne 21 (Lamb loin chops, sau...)
I've moved steak night to Thursdays . William was feeling left out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've moved steak nig...)
The much anticipated potato and chorizo tacos with the avocado-tomatillo salsa.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Trixxee (The much anticipated...)
It's a work night for us. I'll finally get to try Chicken and Waffles.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Trixxee (The much anticipated...)
I've got some peppers that have to get used.....and not a lot else. Defrosting some ground turkey and hoping for an idea
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by farnfam (I've got some pepper...)
I forgot about the lonely grill-baked potato waiting in the fridge, so I'll mix it up with l/o short ribs and the best gravy I think I've ever made and have twice-baked tatoes again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by cjs (I forgot about the l...)
I'm a little bit out of the loop here. Have you posted the best gravy ever, Jean?

The family is coming over for dinner tonight. I had cabbage that needed to be used, so spent the morning making 2 huge pans of stuffed cabbage. Holly is bringing mashed potatoes, and Heather is bringing bread from the bakery. My dad is bringing his happy self.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by Mare749 (I'm a little bit out...)
It's not anything I've made before - it just turned out fantastic.

I slow-cooked 4 short ribs with onion wedges and a sauce of:
2 cups Cab
2 cups water mixed with 2 packets Swanson's Beef flavor Boost things
1/2 cup drk molasses
2 tsps. red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic
and salt.

I ended up with about 4 cups of jus, so froze 2 cups and made a slurry of milk and flour to thicken the other 2 cups. Man, it was so tasty.

the first night I added some capers as I served it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/12?? by cjs (It's not anything I'...)
That sounds delicious, Jean! I love short ribs. Yum!

We're doing a skillet pasta, chicken and broccoli dish. I'm tired of trying to grill in the rain!