T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!!
  Re: (...)
Be careful - it's Friday the 13th!! What's on the menu for tonight?

Those darn tacos Blane and Trixxee talked about are calling my name, but I've already planned a burrito dinner while the grandkids are here, so I probably should do something a little different tonight. Not sure what I'll do.

We had the most horrendous lightening storm last night, I've never heard it so strong and loud!! It hit a house 2nd street behind us and it is still burning - it's been about 1 hour. What a night.

Lots of prep work to do today - dry rub the 2nd Mock tenderloin for smoking tomorrow and marinating a chicken to smoke also. Will be nice to have those meats on hand for whatever we want to eat. Also, I'm really looking forward to some smoked beef sliders with those pretzel buns I picked up at Costco.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by cjs (Be careful - it's Fr...)
Oh, Jean, those poor people
Will probably eat out tonight since we are going into town to shop for the last bit of camping's groceries
Hoping for good weather!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by farnfam (Oh, Jean, those poor...)
WOW, Jean! That was a heck of a storm. I'm doing burgers and grilled potato planks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by Gourmet_Mom (WOW, Jean! That was...)
Just found out thru the grapevine, the lady who lived there alone is fine. Thank God!! Scared the bejesus out of her tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by cjs (Just found out thru ...)
Glad she's ok! I am planless right now. I guess it depends on what we are doing for lunch - which is also planless.

OK - may have found my inspiration in the sandwiches book. Buffalo Chicken French Dips. Looks mouthwatering in the photo. Has anyone tried these?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by cjs (Just found out thru ...)
Jean that is horrible! The weather this year is really scary!

I got the stuff to make Chicken Saltimbocca tonight. Easy and quick! Some potatoes and peas to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by Harborwitch (Jean that is horribl...)
I wanted to make the Baja Fish Tacos that Blane reviewed, and have all the stuff, but not sure exactly when I can fit it in due to a busy afternoon with the kids, the dog groomer, then a softball game. So, we might just end up eating out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by Mare749 (I wanted to make the...)
Finally have my menu in place for the kids tonight. Grilled flank steak, Chile Rellenos casserole, grilled pineapple, pretzel Dinner rolls and Limone mini-biscotti (also from Costco - Roy can't stay out of these.....I'm having trouble, also!)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by cjs (Finally have my menu...)

Hi

Beef Stew and a salad, I think. I am going out for Sushi Dinner but my b/f friend coming to town so I am making them the stew....I think they are getting the short end of the stick...but than again...sushi is not for everybody but it is my most favorite food.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/13!! by piano226 ([br]Hi[br][br]Beef S...)
Mine too, Marina - Roy gets a pained expression on his face when I say it's time!!
www.achefsjourney.com