What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

I'm smoking the mock tenderloin and a chicken this a.m. for dinner tonight. And making Gil's Mediterranean bean salad of old - haven't made it forever. And 18 hour bread is almost ready to bake up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Breakfast for dinner!! Omelets, has browns, and bacon. Lots of bacon! And I'm going to make that Bloody Mary Tomato Gratin also. I'm thinking of adding some bacon crumbles to the cracker mixture.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by BarbaraS (Breakfast for dinner...)
The only thing nailed down is a Caprese Salad with the Cherokee Purples William brought in this morning! My poor little basil plant may wind up naked, but I'm determined to enjoy these tomatoes! More than likely, we'll have grilled chicken.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (The only thing naile...)
Chicken enchiladas here...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by Trixxee (Chicken enchiladas h...)
I know William is grilling chicken at the farm today, so I will probably do this with the leftovers. I saw it on Ina's show today and it sounded perfect. I may even do the prosciutto and peas side, but I'd have to sub country ham?

BTW, Pepperplate has added a bunch of sites to their application. It's amazing how quick and easy it is to add recipes! And they are very responsive to adding a site if you have one that isn't listed.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I know William is gr...)
Today it's an early dinner, my wife's folks are coming over. She's making the Perfect Roasted Chicken, also from Ina's show. I'm making sides of goat cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus. Dessert will be the grilled pineapple parfaits that Jean made for her B'day dinner.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-g...index.html
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by losblanos1 (Today it's an early ...)
Tonight is the going to be the chicken we were supposed to have last night.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is the going...)
I love Saturday dinners, that's when my wife cooks and I can sit back and be amazed by what she comes up with. This chicken was cooked spot on perfect.

[Image: Perfectroastchicken.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by losblanos1 (I love Saturday dinn...)
Russian porcini soup and I think potstickers....Dont exactly know how we came up with that one but we did.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 7/14?? by piano226 (Russian porcini soup...)
Marina, when you have a chance, could you share your recipe for Russian porcini soup?

Blane, once again, gorgeous photo. The chicken looks delicious. What is it stuffed with?

Almost forgot to post dinner! We grilled some rib-eyes tonight. I made old-fashioned macaroni salad to go with, and a side of grilled zucchini.

Tonight, we put a pork shoulder in the smoker with applewood, to work it's magic overnight. We'll probably have the whole neighborhood waking up hungry in the morning.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."