What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

The kids are leaving this afternoon, so we will crash and have leftovers. The smoked tenderloin and chicken came out very good yesterday.

5 year olds exhaust me!!!!

By the way on old tip that I want to repeat - I have white chair covers on my dining room set, so I kept Airien on the regular kitchen chairs for their protection... So, what happens to Joe (my grandaughter's boyfriend)? He knocked over his glass of red wine in his lap - on the white seat cover.

I grabbed a bottle of white wine (dry Reisling, thank you very much) and started wiping. You can't even see the stain anymore! Thank heavens.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
So the white wine counteracts the red wine? Interesting!

We are having leftover chicken enchiladas. It was quite the production to put them together yesterday so an easy dinner will be a treat today.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by Trixxee (So the white wine co...)
That wine trick is a great tip.
Tonight I'm trying a new recipe, Shrimp & Bacon Chilaquiles, Yellow rice with peas and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by losblanos1 (That wine trick is a...)
Thanks for the great tip, Jean. I've also heard that club soda works, but haven't tried it in a while.

This is a bit OT, but along the same lines. If anyone ever gets ink on their shirt, take any kind of hairspray and spray it on the stain, while holding a paper towel to the other side which draws out the stain.

Dinner today...smoked pork butt, coleslaw, and french fries. Holly's family is coming to dinner, which will be followed by a WII bowling tournament.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by Mare749 (Thanks for the great...)
Jean did you try white wine on the ceiling???

Tonight is smoked turkey, corn on the cob with spiced butter, that wonderful bread Jean invented, and I'm not sure what else. I'm looking forward to an afternoon off!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by Harborwitch (Jean did you try whi...)
Smart a$$!!

the bread we had in the trailer? Man, that was tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by cjs (Smart a$$!! [img]/ub...)
William didn't have leftovers and I wasn't prepared, so we had BLTs again last night. No hardship there...they were Brandywines! YUM!

Anyway, I have Caprese Salad waiting in the fridge (made with Cherokee Purples), dressing made for Spinach Salad with Pinenut Dressing, Lemon Sauce is ready for the chicken, and chicken quarters are charring on the grill. Chilling with a glass of wine in a nice breeze on the deck! It don't get much better than that!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (William didn't have ...)
What bread that Jean invented???
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by Mare749 (What bread that Jean...)
Okay, the sun has set and dinner was THE BEST summer dinner EVER! I am so glad I can now get "fresh" mozzarella. Wanna see? Spinach Salad not pictured, but the dressing is in the background.

ETA: The link doesn't work. Skip down for pic.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, the sun has se...)
Daphne, your link didn't work.
I got this message.

"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page".