Attention quinoa lovers...
  Re: (...)
I don't know how long these deals usually last, but the Kindle edition of The Quinoa Cookbook: Everyday Superfood Recipes for a Gluten-Free Diet is currently free (even if you use the Kindle-for-PC program or an App). I haven't look at it extensively, yet, but it has some interesting ideas, such as quinoa pancakes (using quinoa flour), quinoa fried chicken cutlets, and quinoa pudding. Certainly can't beat the price!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by labradors (I don't know how lon...)
Thanks Rob! I passed it on to my sister!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by esgunn (Thanks Rob! I passe...)
Thank you so much. I really want to like quinoa, so hopefully this will inspire me. I downloaded it to my pc already and will transfer to iPad as well.
  Re: Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by Cubangirl (Thank you so much. I...)
I got it, too. I guess I need to buy some quinoa to justify getting it. Thanks, Labs!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by Gourmet_Mom (I got it, too. I gu...)
When I DID try quinoa, a while back, I DID like it, but the price of it (here, at least) was the hindrance for my doing much more with it. Some of the ideas in that book are so interesting, though, that I'll definitely have to try some of them.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by labradors (When I DID try quino...)
I got it too. Thanks, Rob. I love that site. This is probably the 4th or 5th book I've gotten this week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by Mare749 (I got it too. Thanks...)
Lol Rob I just downloaded that one too!
  Re: Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by DFen911 (Lol Rob I just downl...)
I'm a little mixed on this subject and I hate to throw a wet blanket on it, but what's the deal with these free books and who authorizes this action? I don't think the authors do. I'd have a fit if someone else decided to give my books away for free with no input from me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by cjs (I'm a little mixed o...)
Quinoa, wheat berries etc have been in every cooking magazine this summer. They make great salads. I see where you're coming from, Jean.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Attention quinoa lovers... by Lorraine (Quinoa, wheat berrie...)
Jean, I don't actually know, but have speculated that this is a promotional deal worked out between the author and Pixel.

The books are only free for a limited time, or even possibly limited to a certain number of downloads. I'm guessing it is to give the author more exposure.

If you like their work, you might be more inclined to buy and recommend their other books. Sort of like a store giving away something free to the first 50 customers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."