Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help!
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have some great recipes? I'm having a Girls Night Out party soon.
  Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by mlmrdh (Does anyone have som...)
Well, with the info you gave, mlmrdh, all I can suggest is you do a search - we've done a lot of threads on party food and there are lots of great ideas floating around. Since I'm not real good at instructing how to use the searches, here is one of the best ones we had going -

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post21092

Welcome to the forum and let us know how your party goes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by cjs (Well, with the info ...)
Hi, welcome to the forum. I had this thread saved in my favorites, so you might take a look. Lots of great ideas in there.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...&PHPSESSID=
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by Mare749 (Hi, welcome to the f...)
Well, great minds and all that - this is the same thread, Maryann!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by mlmrdh (Does anyone have som...)
Big pineapple chunks on a skewer wrapped in bacon and then grilled or broiled. Or even mango or papaya, but they would have to be somewhat dryer and less riper cuts.

Geez, anything wrapped in bacon. My first experience was with whole water chestnuts. Yum!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by BarbaraS (Big pineapple chunks...)
I haven't done them myself - yet - but recently I saw a recipe for banana peppers stuffed with cheese, wrapped with bacon and then grilled. How could that go wrong?
  Re: Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by BarbaraS (Big pineapple chunks...)
Quote:

Big pineapple chunks on a skewer wrapped in bacon and then grilled or broiled. Or even mango or papaya, but they would have to be somewhat dryer and less riper cuts.

Barbara

[With many apologies to Rodgers and Hammerstein]...

Pineapple chunks on a skewer, wrapped in bacon;
Deep apple pie with a pastry that's flakin'
Putting hot sauce on my pizza for "zing,"
These are a few of my favourite things.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Great thread thanks! This was done before I was a member of this board. So copied and pasted
  Re: Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm not waiting for Jean -

Go to your ROOM!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Need killer summer hors d'oeuvre recipes. Help! by BarbaraS (I'm not waiting for ...)
Lol I actually hummed it out