What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012?
  Re: (...)
Well our dinner last night of filet mignon, bearnaise, asparagus, etc. was kind of a flop.

The filet's were oddly tasteless and generally just not very good. It was sort of disappointing, to say the least.

I think I will try to make beef stroganoff out of the leftovers tonight. That is the only thing I can think of to do with them. Cover them in sauce and maybe we won't notice them?

What are the rest of you having?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by luvnit (Well our dinner last...)
I think we'll do burgers and fries? Not carved in stone. I do know it won't be tomato sandwiches...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by Gourmet_Mom (I think we'll do bur...)
Asian Chicken rolls with plum sauce, sides of pineapple rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by losblanos1 (Asian Chicken rolls ...)
Grilled chicken breast that was marinated overnight. Caesar salad to go with, and some crostini made from Cis's recipe for Crusty Country French bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by Mare749 (Grilled chicken brea...)
Laura, how disappointing! The filets sounded wonderful. I'm sorry they weren't very good.

Hamburgers and grilled asparagus for dinner here.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by karyn (Laura, how disappoin...)
Well still freezer diving and tonight is roast duck with a plum sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes and snow peas
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by DFen911 (Well still freezer d...)
That's some fancy freezer diving.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by Gourmet_Mom (That's some fancy fr...)
Quote:

That's some fancy freezer diving.

Yes, it is!

Well since so many other people's dinners sound better, I have changed my mind. I am going to put some burgers on the grill, pepperjack cheese, maybe some bacon. I have some leftover asparagus and som ripe musk melon to serve on the side.

Just don't feel much like that sorry filet mignon. Not sure what the deal was.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

Not sure what the deal was

I had the same results from the last batch of fillets I thawed. He thought they had been frozen a tad too long. Very disappointing. Don't know what's for supper, I'm experimenting with cantaloup jam this afternoon.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Sunday, 7/22/2012? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
I'm trying to come back down to earth after a spectacular camping trip at the beach. We saw dozens and dozens of dolphin, seals and even whale spouts (that was really cool).

Whatever we have it should be low cal. We've been eating and drinking way too much the last few days.

Maybe a glass of wine will help me think. KIDDING!