My Foodsaver Tip
  Re: (...)
I happened to be using my Foodsaver today and thought to pass this on. Not sure if I made this up. Or maybe I heard about it. I don't remember now. But it works very well.

Occasionally when I seal things with a foodsaver, a food particle or something might get in the seam and eventually the bag will leak in some air and render the vacuum useless. This is easily remedied by sealing your bag two times. Once you have sealed your bag and sucked out the air. Move your bag so you can create another seam about 1/4 of an inch away. So now if the first seal is breached, there is a second backup seal!

Now if everybody knows this I will delete this nonsense.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: My Foodsaver Tip by luvnit (I happened to be usi...)
I've never tried a double seal. I'll give it a try next time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My Foodsaver Tip by Gourmet_Mom (I've never tried a d...)
Thanks, I've had that happen and have just cut and started over, your way is better.
  Re: Re: My Foodsaver Tip by Cubangirl (Thanks, I've had tha...)
when my first foodsave was giving up the ghost (Billy was around listening to my complaints/whining about it), I started double sealing each end. And, I have just stuck with it.

It is a good idea just for safety, too, Laura!! Thanks for mentioning.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Foodsaver Tip by cjs (when my first foodsa...)
Like you, I just started doing this recently. Thanks for bringing this up, Laura, because it's a great tip.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."