What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Last week, I made a new pizza dough (for me) - I need some new ones for the next book. What the author of "Pizza - A Slice of Heaven" calls Neapolitan dough. It is very, very soft and didn't work real well on a grill (did this with my grandson over the weekend), so I want to play with it in the oven today to see if it works better. Don't know what toppings yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I picked my first crop of green beans from the garden, so they went into the crockpot with a cottage ham and a couple of potatoes. Also made 18 hour bread. I'll be gone for the rest of the day, so wanted Ron to have dinner ready when he gets home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by Mare749 (I picked my first cr...)
We picked the first of the corn yesterday, so that is for sure on the menu. Beyond that, I haven't a clue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by Gourmet_Mom (We picked the first ...)
we're having Blane's birthday dinner, but I'm skipping the dessert...still trying to get rid of the 5 pounds I've gained.
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by karyn (we're having Blane's...)
Definitely something with shrimp but not exactly sure what. Probably grilled. I also have some corn on the cob - maybe with cilantro lime butter.
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by Trixxee (Definitely something...)
I've made the dinner, but I still have Blane's dessert on the cupboard, so maybe..........................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by cjs (I've made the dinner...)
Even I don't want to make that dopey dessert that I hastily picked, is it too late to drop it from the dinner?

Karyn, that potato confit was delicious, it may become my go to potato side dish from now on. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Tonight's dinner is Tandoori shrimp skewers with pineapple chutney on top of
sesame rice cakes and asparagus.

Here's last nights dinner, the coconut chicken was so delicious, the recipe is from Cuisine at Home 'Quick & Easy Menus'. I don't have Fleur de Sel, so I used kosher on the potato confit.

[Image: Coconutchickencutlet1.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by losblanos1 (Even I don't want to...)
This is the Tandoori shrimp with sesame rice cakes and pineapple chutney. It's an appetizer turned entree. Cuisine at Home issue #72 (Dec '08).

[Image: Tandooriprawns2.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by losblanos1 (This is the Tandoori...)
They both look great, Blane. Where is the potato recipe??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Thursday's Dinner, 7/26?? by cjs (They both look great...)
Jean, Karyn posted THIS link for the Potato Confit recipe in last Friday's thread.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?