T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner tonight?

I need some cooked chicken for a couple dishes, so I'm roasting a whole one this a.m. and will probably have Creamy Goat Cheese Orzo from C@H #94.

I'm also still playing with the Neapolitan pizza dough that is driving me crazy. It's ended up too soft to grill and too soft for baking, so I'll knead in a little more flour and see if I cn save the last 3 balls of it.

Yesterday's turned out taste-wise so delicious, but it stuck like hell!!
[Image: 2011-11-03181045.jpg]

So, back to the drawing board.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
The refrigerator took the day off yesterday. That was a nice surprise when I got off work at 8. I saved what I could in a cooler - so whatever survives that will be dinner. I have to work 3 or 4 hours this am - but then I'm off for a day or two.

This morning it appears the fridge is getting cold again (???) I'm so bummed at what I had to throw out yesterday - toooo sad. I think bags and bags of ice are safer for right now.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by Harborwitch (The refrigerator too...)
It looks beautiful, though, Jean.

I'm having steak tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by Harborwitch (The refrigerator too...)
I'm going to be gone the rest of today to the hospital, so we may just eat out somewhere tonight. My friend will be bringing in hospice for her mother very soon, so I'll be around more next week. I really could use the distraction of cooking something.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by Mare749 (I'm going to be gone...)
Maryann, I think you've earned a night out. Enjoy!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I think you...)
Jane & I are sharing a 12 oz Chilean Sea Bass filet---yum!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by Old Bay (Jane & I are sharing...)
I've got some ripe avocados and am thinking about guacamole and some type of tacos- either chicken or carnitas.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by Trixxee (I've got some ripe a...)
That pizza looks delicious, great photo. Cuisine has a Neapolitan pizza dough recipe that I want to try.
Essential steak tonight with potato confit and asparagus.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by Mare749 (I'm going to be gone...)
Hospice gives such peace and dignity to the end. How they do what they do every day just boggles my brain.

We are having chili verde wraps with a jalapeno slaw & avocado. My poor fridge looks so empty - but after a good night's sleep it's back on the job Luckily the pork was stuffed safely elsewhere.

It was a long day - and the boss is going to the boat races this weekend so it's another 3 days until my weekend. I thought I retired?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/27?? by Harborwitch (Hospice gives such p...)
But you're loving it, I hope!
Daphne