What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Our wood-fired oven neighbors are having another pizza party AND Harbinger Winery is having a barrel tasting do with a BBQ. We'll try to hit both of them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're doing Blanes BDay dinner either tonight or tomorrow. Will report the 1st.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by Old Bay (We're doing Blanes B...)
We're having pizza tonight! I'm finally over my tomato overload...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having pizza t...)
I made a big pot of chili to take out to the kid's campground, to be eaten whenever they want it. Kind of need to see those excited happy faces so full of life. We will probably stop at one of the wineries for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going all out and making the Pork Tenderloin stuffed with Boursin cheese, wrapped in prosciutto, then wrapped in puff pastry with a dried cherry port wine sauce. I think next time I do this I might sub the cherries with dried apricots and maybe a dash of red pepper flakes.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by BarbaraS (I'm going all out an...)
Everyone to Barbara's house!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by cjs (Everyone to Barbara'...)
We are having an old favorite:

Coffee Marinated Steak
2 T Sesame seeds
2 T Butter
1 med onion
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup of strong coffee
1 cup soy sauce (I only use half of this)
2 T white vinegar
2 T worcheshire sauce
2 lbs. steak tri-tip or sirloin

Sautee onions and sesame seeds. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Mix all ingredients and pour over steak. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or more.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by cjs (Everyone to Barbara'...)
Barbara, what an excellent choice. We love that recipe.
My wife is gone for the weekend so I'm cooking for one again tonight.
Grilled a rib-eye with the BĂ©arnaise sauce from the free issue. I didn't make the potato confit or asparagus last night, so those will be the sides.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by losblanos1 (Barbara, what an exc...)
A lot of "ifs" going on here - IF my husband goes to Costco and IF he gets the propane tank filled I'd like to have baby back ribs with Sweet Baby Rays, au gratin potatoes (boxed I'm afraid) and asparagus. IF those things don't happen I don't know what we'll do. Perhaps starve.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., July 28?? by Trixxee (A lot of "ifs" going...)
I think the lamb burgers from "Fresh & Fast". Something with some lamb! I remember there were curried cucumbers to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!