What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I have a little leftover roasted chicken, so maybe sandwiches and the Broccoli Slaw of Erin's.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have some beef tenderloin. I'm trying to think of something other than steak. But my brain rebels at the idea of doing it any other way.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have some beef ten...)
Here's an idea for you Daphne. You may have even made it before - a lot of us did.

http://noblepig.com/2011/05/vietnamese-s...-and-lime/

I'm doing last night's dinner tonight. Tony swooped in and made an italian dinner last night, forfeiting mine.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by Trixxee (Here's an idea for y...)
It's hard for me to do anything but steaks with a tenderloin too. But it is usually worth it!

I found a ham yesterday for 1.49/lb. So I will make a ham, probably cheesy potatoes of some kind. I have cheese and potatoes. I just never seem to like my own. Maybe I will look up a recipe in the Joy of Cooking. That book never lets me down. I have some snap peas too!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by Trixxee (Here's an idea for y...)
Thanks, Trixxee! I'm seriously considering it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Trixxee! I'...)
Haven't gone shopping after all that camping, I'm bushed. There are some chicken tenders in the freezer, so I'm thinking something curry-ish
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by farnfam (Haven't gone shoppin...)
Putting Taco Soup in the slow cooker, and heading down the base to pick up Steve!!!!! Yay!

It will probably be 8pm by the time we get back home. Inprocessing takes forever.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by esgunn (Putting Taco Soup in...)
I'm happy for you guys, Erin!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by Trixxee (I'm happy for you gu...)
Wonderful news, Erin!!! By the way, we really enjoyed your version of the broccoli slaw. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? by cjs (Wonderful news, Erin...)
Great news, Erin! Yes, thank you for the broccoli slaw recipe. I didn't get it made yet, but will very soon.

I spent another long day at the hospital with my dear friend, so dinner is quick and easy tonight. Ron is roasting ears of corn on the grill, and then he will cook some burgers. Fresh garden tomatoes to go with!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."