What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for eveyone today?

And, we say good-bye to July and we still haven't really had much summer. Haven't even eaten outside one time!!!! Bah Humbug!

I have salmon thawing out adn probably I'll grill it with some grilled potatoes, too. sounds good to me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Eating outside is very overrated. Wind, bugs, sun in your eyes. It always sounds good, but almost never works out.

Ham and lentil soup for us tonight.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by luvnit (Eating outside is ve...)
I agree. Much prefer to eat inside with a/c and no bugs.

Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken breasts that marinated overnight, some steamed broccoli, and a grilled (baked) potato. We wrap baking potatoes in foil, and Ron puts them down in the coals to roast. They turn out creamy smooth and yummy with a crispy skin. My favorite potato!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by Mare749 (I agree. Much prefer...)
I am really resisting going to the store because I said I wasn't going to spend one more dime this month (easy to say on the last day of the month!) so I'm freezer diving.

Grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches on onion rolls and tater tots if Tony wants some.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by Trixxee (I am really resistin...)
Don't you love how creative you get when you go freezer diving? I like to do that with my pantry once in a while, as a way to rotate out things that have been hanging around for a while.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by Mare749 (Don't you love how c...)
Yes! And my grilled cheese, bacon and tomato sandwich for lunch is working out well too.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by Trixxee (Yes! And my grilled...)
That's a great menu for a freezer dive.
Tonight it's carne asada with pineapple rice and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by losblanos1 (That's a great menu ...)
Some peppers and onions fried up over some brats that didn't get eaten while camping. Still haven't shopped. Thinking we'll just wing it til Friday and clean up what ever is around that needs to go
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by farnfam (Some peppers and oni...)
"Wind, bugs, sun in your eyes." - naw, not in our little courtyard. I love eating out there, I think - it's been so long....................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 7/31?? by cjs ("Wind, bugs, sun in ...)
Jean I loved eating in your courtyard! Eating out here is ify - bugs, heat, and eau d'cow! We're going for it tonight. We're doing an intimate dinner for 2 of our work camper friends - I had today off and feel like COOKING!

Chef Benny Doro's Curry Shrimp Salad in Wonton Cups with Mango Chutney. (Served with Lychee Beer)

Thai marinated pecan or almond smoked chicken breasts on a salad with herb salad, romaine, peppers, bean sprouts, (etc.) with an Asian dressing spiked with wasabi

We have bubbly and some nice white wine to go with the spicy salad.

Sesame Croissant.

Coconut Ice cream & Mango Sorbet on Grilled Pineapple.

(They've been bringing us booze from Oregon almost every week so I figure we owe them a wonderful dinner. We've become good friends and we'll be sorry to see them go.)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!