What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST??
  Re: (...)
August!! What's on the menu for today??

We went out to lunch yesterday so skipped dinner. Tonight will be the grilled salmon and tatoes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by cjs (August!! What's on t...)
I am trying a new recipe tonight - penne with spinach, radicchio and bacon. Just need to purchase the veggies.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...con-241093
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by Trixxee (I am trying a new re...)
oh, that sounds good!

Where's Blane - we need his Birthday review??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by cjs (oh, that sounds good...)
Well I made soup yesterday and didn't feel like eating it after smelling it for 4 hours. So tonight we are having soup and burgers.

Today I have to make some bars for our neighborhood's annual Corn Feed. I found some 7-layer Bars that are made with potato chips! I also found a recipe for some beer cake with beer frosting. Not sure if anyone will let their kids eat it though, so I may have to make something else.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by luvnit (Well I made soup yes...)
" I found some 7-layer Bars that are made with potato chips!" - do they have chocolate? I love the salty/chocolate thing.

My high school favorite thing was a chocolate milkshake and soda crackers!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by cjs (" I found some 7-lay...)
The review is up, sorry for not being more prompt.

Tonight it's not a Cuisine at Home recipe. House special chicken chow mein.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by losblanos1 (The review is up, so...)
No problem, Blane. Now, since it's August, will we have some b'day dinners????

Sharon?
Trixxee???
Denise????? (Crap, can't imagine what might be left in that freezer........... )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by cjs (No problem, Blane. N...)
I found a package of pork chops on sale for $4.00. 5 chops, too bad there are not 2 the same size or shape. mashed cauliflower and greens. Supper has been ready for an hour, but he is busy writing menu proposals, and I know better than to interrupt his creative thinking.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by Lorraine (I found a package of...)
We're having hot dogs, boiled new potatoes, and corn again. Church is cranking back up, so I'm back to quickly Wednesday night meals.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? by cjs (" I found some 7-lay...)
Quote:

" I found some 7-layer Bars that are made with potato chips!" - do they have chocolate? I love the salty/chocolate thing.

My high school favorite thing was a chocolate milkshake and soda crackers!!

Yes, ma'am! These things are goooood! And easy. I love the potato chip crust! It is really a great improvement to the traditional graham cracker crust on a 7-layer bar.

Here is a link to the yummy recipe: 7-Layer Bars with Potato Chip Crust

For the chips I just bought the regular Old Dutch that comes in a box and has two bags of chips in them. I used almost the entire box of chips in this recipe. Who know that those big boxes of chips only had about 2 cups worth of potatoes in them!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura