Blane's Bday Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
Wern't we supposed to do this today??
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by Old Bay (Wern't we supposed t...)
Yes, did Blane run away from home???????????????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by cjs (Yes, did Blane run a...)
Quote:

Yes, did Blane run away from home???????????????????????????

I'm pouting because I didn't get a special "Happy Birthday " thread yesterday. I'm kidding!
I was going to post the review last night, but time got away from me. I just got home from work, I'll write the review now.
  Re: Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We thought this was delicious. The thing that helped me choose this recipe was the sauce. If it was a true BBQ sauce I would not has picked it, but because it was a New Orleans entrée of shrimp, I was intrigued. We thought it paired perfectly with the green rice, white rice would work as well. We will make this again.

[Image: BBQShrimp-1.jpg]

First of all I could only get four cookies out of a twelve inch round pie dough. Second, the recipe calls out for eight lollipop sticks!? It was really easy to put together and I thought that it was quite tasty. I would make again for things like a bake sale, childrens parties, work (won't use lollipop sticks for adults).

[Image: Cookiepops.jpg]
  Re: Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by losblanos1 (We thought this was ...)
Blane! You don't have your b'day listed on your profile page or there would have been a b'day cake over your avatar and we would have remembered it was your b'day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you sullen little bugger!!! Hope you had a great day.

We really enjoyed the shrimp dinner and especially the green rice (will do this one often). We both thought the dish should have been called Creole Shrimp because of the flavors, so if I do make this one again, I'd probably jazz it up a little, creole-style.

[Image: BlanesBdaydinner4.jpg]I'd give the dinner a stong 8 - good choice, Blane. I didn't get dessert made while my great-grandson was here, so I finally decided to pass on it. But will hang on to the copy of the recipe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by cjs (Blane! You don't hav...)
Yeah! Happy Birthday Blane!

I don't participate in the BD Dinner reviews because my Hubby has such a small palate range. Geesh, I don't remember when the last time I had shrimp because he doesn't like it and won't even give it a try after all these years. Heck, he never had fresh garlic before he met me.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by BarbaraS (Yeah! Happy Birthda...)
Belated Happy Birthday, Blane! Dessert looks great, off to see if the recipe is posted.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by Lorraine (Belated Happy Birthd...)
Happy Birthday Blane!

I am late on this one but I will get it done very soon. For those of you that made the rice, did you use converted rice as the recipe states?
  Re: Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by Trixxee (Happy Birthday Blane...)
I loved the rice--used basmati, and by the recipe--it was delicious!!!
We really liked the shrimp--I do not care for Tabasco sauce--I used cayenne based sauce--Crystal, and added cayenne pepper--it turned out a little too hot for Jane and perfect for me. It was really good, but not really great NOBBQ shrimp. My favorite is from a restaurant there called Pascal's Manale--sauce is a mixture of drawn butter, garlic, onion, cayenne, and other Cajun spices. Served with toasted French bread (no rice), for dipping. I have a pirated recipe and will post when I find it. Happy birthday Blane--great dinner--we loved it!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Blane's Bday Dinner Review by Old Bay (I loved the rice--us...)
I'll be late, also. We've had a little snafu, so no shrimp. Everything looks great everybody!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.