T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight??

I garlic roasted (1 1/4 lbs.) shirmp yesterday (man, did the house smell good!)for 3 or 4 dishes today...will be doing a lot of grazing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We were supposed to have a farewell potluck for Bob and Pam. But my schedule got changed and i work until 8. Bob gets off work about the time I have to leave so I'll see if I can pull a mid-day meal together - maybe a smoked chicken wrap.

For our farewell we'll have dessert - grilled pineapple with pineapple/coconut & mango sorbet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by Harborwitch (We were supposed to ...)
Tony has to go out for a late lunch - and it's a Korean buffet so he said he 'probably' won't be eating dinner.

And because of Blane's beautiful picture, I'm making myself a stuffed baked potato. That's it - just the potato.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by Trixxee (Tony has to go out f...)
Thanks Trixxee, every once and awhile we do a baked potato night also. They're easy to make and delicious.

I found a 10oz filet in the freezer, so tonight I'll make the Italian steak sandwiches with French fries. I'm now a proud member of the Society of Freezer Divers.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by losblanos1 (Thanks Trixxee, ever...)
Blane, that's funny! Congratulations, and welcome to the SFD!

I made chicken and black bean enchiladas, with a Mexican salad on the side with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream. Watermelon for dessert. They have been sooo good this year!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by Mare749 (Blane, that's funny!...)
I'm so proud of myself since I cleaned my freezers last year (last year?) - I've been doing really well.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Take out from Wegman's, a local take-out spot for him. Long week with the cat situation. But he's doing so much better! Going to the Vet cardiologist Tuesday night.

Tomorrow is Caturday!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by Mare749 (Blane, that's funny!...)
I sense a theme here. Black bean, smoked chicken & corn "enchirittos" with (Classico) roasted poblano alfredo sauce and crushed tortilla chips on top. We were good and had it for lunch.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by Harborwitch (I sense a theme here...)
We had business in Southport today, so Mom took us to lunch at Fishy Fishy , again. I thought of you, Jean. I got one of the specials, the Cajun Fried Catfish Sandwich with fries. It was sooooo good! That being said, I will probably just warm up some leftover veggies and call it dinner.

BTW, got to see Josh Duhamel on the movie set. Very cute! I had a nice visit with Mom and got to see several dear friends. Nice Day!

Also, Denise, if you see this, check out the webcam. Be sure Derek is with you when you do. If you look at it, you may notice a burned building in front of where some boats are docked. That's part of the set.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/3??? by Gourmet_Mom (We had business in S...)
Mussels in wine sauce------YUMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy