Living Cookbook Rocks!
  Re: (...)
Love it! Just got my license # on email, so good to go. What a cool program. Looks like I have a bit to learn in order to use all of the great features, but it's going to be fun!

Alina, you might be getting a lot of messages from me for a while.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by Mare749 (Love it! Just got m...)
No worries, happy to respond. Be sure to join the Radium Forum for great tips. The LC developers are wonderful about answering questions. Many users will answer as well, so there is a super fast response turnaround.

I posted some HELP FILES on the Radium Forum here that can be downloaded directly from the forum and imported to your Techniques folder. I think you will find your usage a lot easier if you read those first.

Enjoy!
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by Cubangirl (No worries, happy to...)
Wow, that's great! Thank you!
Maryann

Re: Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by Mare749 (Wow, that's great! T...)
Oh Crap - is this another new techy thing I'd be better off trying to learn???? (just remember who you're responding to before you automatically say 'yes' )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by cjs (Oh Crap - is this an...)
I think it would depend on how much you use Master Cook now. I use LC for specific recipes, and for generic info. such as types of beef cuts, which method to use to cook a particular kind of bean, pan conversions for baking, types of flour and flour measures used by particular cookbook authors, etc. (have about 300 techniques). I also use it to cost recipes and nutrition, and to maintain an inventory (I tend to buy esoteric ingredients and then forget I have them). And of course to create grocery lists.

I chose to get rid of all the recipes that came with the program (I can download the 8 cookbooks that come with it anytime). So right now I have 2903 recipes in 13 cookbooks which I created, with each having about 45 chapters.

In terms of a learning curve, LC is super easy to use. MC use categories and LC uses recipe types. The recipes transfer easily, you export them out of MC and import them into LC. Lots of folk have switched from MC to LC, but I could not find any info on anyone switching from LC to MC. You don't have to use the inventory, grocery lists, menus, meal calendar, etc. at all. I only use the menus when I have company for example.

So if you can type, you can use LC. Whether you need it???? I love to collect recipes and thinking of ways to make them better, so I really enjoy playing with LC. I also like pretty recipes, so I love that I can add pictures easily especially ones to illustrate steps in making the recipe.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by Cubangirl (I think it would dep...)
WHERE IS BILLY?????? I'm so computer illterate----embarrased!! Sounds interesting--maybe DH can get me through this without too much psychological trauma
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by cjs (Oh Crap - is this an...)
Quote:

Oh Crap - is this another new techy thing I'd be better off trying to learn???? (just remember who you're responding to before you automatically say 'yes' )

YES! It's really fun, and not at all hard to learn. I transferred about 3/4 of my books from MC last night. The rest I never use or care about, so didn't bother.

I think it's a pretty significant upgrade from MC, which I have loved for many years.
Maryann

Re: Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Mercy....wonder when the iPad version will come out? I'll check it out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by Gourmet_Mom (Mercy....wonder when...)
I have to check this out further, but it looks like you can print out recipes four to a page, front and back, to make small cookbooks. I wonder if the pages could be uploaded to Staples and have them print and bind?
Maryann

Re: Re: Living Cookbook Rocks! by Mare749 (I have to check this...)
I feel so behind the times.......Wink