What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I want steak!! Don't know what else, yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Steak sounds so good, but my wife asked for the pecan crusted chicken salad and I can't say no to her.
ETA:
It's a beautiful day here, my wife and (step)daughter are out on the deck reading and enjoying the sunshine. I suprised them with "Brunch", my version of Huevos Rancheros. The salsa is Herdez salsa casera, I always keep a couple of cans in the pantry for occasions just like this.

[Image: HuevosRancheros2.jpg]

[Image: HuevosRancheros1.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by losblanos1 ( Steak sounds so goo...)
And that salad is SOOOOOOOO good!!! You will LOVE it!!!

Pot roasted leg of lamb with spring veggies------WINTER here and it certainly is cold and wet---perfect for this dinner.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by Roxanne 21 (And that salad is SO...)
Still have basil left and goat cheese so it's got to be chicken stuffed with basil and goat cheese. Not sure of the sides yet. Maybe steamed broccoli and garlic bread.

Edited: well, my goat cheese looks kaput so I've completely switched gears and will make these Vietnamese sandwiches. I made them once before and they were really good. But now I have to drive across town to get just the perfect baguette from Sprouts.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...-Mi-356790
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by Trixxee (Still have basil lef...)
Burgers on the grill, corn on the cob, and potato salad. Grilled pineapple.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Veal Piccata over angel hair pasta.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by BarbaraS (Veal Piccata over an...)
We'll have either BBQ ribs or chicken to go with the corn William pulled yesterday. Maybe some baked beans to go with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by Gourmet_Mom (We'll have either BB...)
Blane, that goes on the menu for next weekend's brunch - that's for sure. Looks great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by cjs (Blane, that goes on ...)
Blane, that's a delicious looking dish. What a nice thing to do for your wife and daughter, too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/5?? by Mare749 (Blane, that's a deli...)
Wow!! So delicious! It's been way to long since I made this.

[Image: Pecancrustedchicken.jpg]