What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/6??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I'm fixing a really baaaaaad dish - Joie Warner's Pasta with (roasted) Garlic and Olive Oil Sauce. But, only half a recipe, so no leftovers!!

I roasted ~1 1/4 lbs. garlic yesterday and I'm anxkous to play with some.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/6?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
What's so bad about that??? Sounds like a fine plan to me!

Not positive, but thinking about pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw. Needs to be easy as I'll be leaving shortly for the day.

My friend's mom is home from the hospital, and they have started hospice. Yesterday, I made her favorite recipe for Italian cookies. She mentioned them several times last week so I went looking for the recipe and found it in my mom's recipe box. In my own 12 year old handwriting!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/6?? by Mare749 (What's so bad about ...)
Don't you just LOVE roasted garlic? YUMMMMMMM!!

Leftover lamb but I will do a hazelnut sauce and succotash.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/6?? by Roxanne 21 (Don't you just LOVE ...)
Finally got my big ol' bag of basil, so something with that. But first I get to make pesto!

Maryann, I'm glad to know your friend's mom got to go home. And I know your friend will be relieved to have the help.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/6?? by Gourmet_Mom (Finally got my big o...)
I'm sure she will enjoy the cookies, Maryann.

I'm still thinking here. Probably something with chicken breasts, possibly Chicken Diane if I can fine which issue it was in. Maybe some roasted zucchini and yellow squash.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/6?? by Trixxee (I'm sure she will en...)
What a treat that will be, Maryann!!

It's only 'baaaaad' in the sense of fat content, but...it's heart healthy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Maryann it's so great that she's home now with her family. Hospice is a blessing. I'm sure she'll love the cookies - it's so great that you found the recipe for them.

I am considering dinner. I have a couple of nice red peppers, some beautiful fresh corn. I'm thinking of a soup. But it's another 8pm night so . . . ?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
A bit belated---but I have totally missed what has been happening with your friend. All of my best wishes---hospice was great with my Mom a few years ago---and whatever she craved, well, I made it for her. GO GIRL!! There is something about their memories and the taste triggers.....BEST WISHES and TONS of thoughts coming your (plural pronoun) way.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/6?? by Harborwitch (Maryann it's so grea...)
Herb fried chicken with black pepper gravy and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/6?? by losblanos1 (Herb fried chicken w...)
Pesto in the freezer. William asked for Pasta Cobb Salad. Just took tenders and bacon off the grill. All is ready to stir together when we're ready to eat.

Speaking of the pesto, is there anything you can do with the stems?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.