What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Yesterday got screwed up, so we're having today what we were going to have yesterday....really good roasted garlic pasta!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am copying Blane's pecan chicken crusted salad. I bought some more "moderately spicy, lightly sweetened" pecans from Trader Joe's yesterday that I love in salads or just as a snack that I'm going to use for this. I think I better just make sure I pound out the chicken very thin so I can cook this quickly before any of the sugar from the nuts starts to burn.

Or is this a bad idea?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by Trixxee (I am copying Blane's...)
The pecan salad recipe is to die for!!!!!

Tonight is San Francisco chicken wings, brown butter beans and wholewheat pita
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by Roxanne 21 (The pecan salad reci...)
Trixxee, I don't think you'll have any trouble since the chicken is finished off in the oven...maybe brown on medium-low instead of medium?

I think I have some chicken in the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by cjs (Trixxee, I don't thi...)
I have leftover corn on the cob and leftover chicken, so tonight will be chicken corn chowder. Also have some leftover ribs that will make Ron very happy. (He doesn't consider soup a meal )
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by Mare749 (I have leftover corn...)
Another ripe egg plant and some zucchini which I intend to marinate then grill and toss with bacon over pasta
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by farnfam (Another ripe egg pla...)
After typing in a bunch of recipes of which at least one key ingredient can not be obtained locally, I could not decide what I was hungry for. So I walked in the kitchen, and there staring me right in the face were a bunch of pretty tomatoes. Knowing I have some great thick bacon and some pretty basil in the fridge, I took off for some fresh bread. YUM! I've wanted to try a BBT sandwich ever since Jean mentioned it the other day.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (After typing in a bu...)
Oh, you had to put that thought in my head again, huh Daphne??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (After typing in a bu...)
My wife made this before and it was delicious, but tonight it's my turn to make Crab & Goat Cheese Raviolis with lemon cream sauce (issue #92, April 2012), asparagus as a side. It tastes more like a potsticker then a ravioli.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 8/7?? by cjs (Oh, you had to put t...)
I live to please! LOL!

Seriously, I sure wish I could share the bounty of tomatoes we're getting with you! The purples are exceptional!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.