Commercial French Fries
  Re: (...)
We have a great hamburger place here when we need take out, but their fries suck!! We heat up the fry daddy and I go get the burger and fries--the fries are cool, so I put them in the fry daddy, one at the time, and shazam!!! In 30 seconds they are crisp pom frites!!! Salt and pepper and they are delicious!! I know you all have done this, but in case someone hasn't--trust me, enjoy!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Commercial French Fries by Old Bay (We have a great hamb...)
Cool idea, Bill! Never thought of that!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Commercial French Fries by Gourmet_Mom (Cool idea, Bill! Ne...)
[Image: Pommesfrites2.jpg]
  Re: Re: Commercial French Fries by losblanos1 ([img]http://i1142.ph...)
LOL! Yeah, I've let the take-out places "blanch" the fries for me a couple of times, too. One place about a mile from me does great chicken, but I always need to "finish" the fries - very tasty, when done.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Commercial French Fries by labradors (LOL! Yeah, I've let...)
The best hamburger place in Chico also has the best fries. The used to refuse to sell them to go because they said they would not be good. The portions are huge and it always bugged them that they would not reheat well.

When we got our Breville Convection Toaster Oven, I convinced them I could reheat them so they would be as new, so now we do bring them home, put them in the fridge. The next day, we revive them by putting them in the convection bake setting and they are like new. I put them on a try with holes, so we they come out crispy without grease. One thing I done when I just order them to go, is to have them hold the salt. Once reheated I salt them. They seem better that way.

They still don't beat my homemade fries though. I make those using the french-fry cutter on my Cuisinart and the soak, then two fry method from The Joy of Cooking. Have tried other methods, but these are the best.
  Re: Re: Commercial French Fries by Cubangirl (The best hamburger p...)
I seem to always bring fries home for leftovers and I just heat them in a 450° oven on a perforated sheet. Works great. Oh, I do spray them with a little oil also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Commercial French Fries by cjs (I seem to always bri...)
Great tips all around! I put mine in my cast iron skillet, same way I reheat left over pizza.

Bill how big is your fry daddy? I have a deep fryer but it's larger and probably not so good for smaller batches.
  Re: Re: Commercial French Fries by DFen911 (Great tips all aroun...)
Denise, I have a fry Grandaddy. I use the double fry method from scratch too, cooling between frys.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Commercial French Fries by Old Bay (Denise, I have a fry...)
From scratch, yes, tbhat's what I do also. I've had I don't know how many deep fryers over the years and I just hate trying to keep them clean, so I've now gone back to the basics and I love this one.

[Image: deepfryer.jpg]

And, it's so easy to keep clean!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com