What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Not sure what we'll do yet.

Yesterday, I tried a Mexican pizza with 1 (2 left) balls of Neapolitan dough - this dough just explodes when it hits the heat - unbelievable!

[Image: 2011-11-15130824.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Beautiful, Jean!

We will likely pick up something after choir tonight. That or just make a sandwich.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (Beautiful, Jean![br]...)
I could eat that for breakfast, Jean! Freezer diving for chicken and flour and corn tortillas - chicken tacos and I will season and smash up a can of pinto beans.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by Trixxee (I could eat that for...)
Did you ever post that recipe Jean? I think I'd like to see it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by farnfam (Did you ever post th...)
Jean, that pizza looks fantastic. I really have to do that one soon!

Dinner tonight is chicken salad sandwiches and fresh sliced tomatoes from the garden. Oh, and we'll put a few ears of corn on the grill. Corn has been really good this year.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by Mare749 (Jean, that pizza loo...)
Cis, the recipe for the Neapolitan pizza dough or the Mexican pizza???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by cjs (Cis, the recipe for ...)
Great looking pizza Jean. Does the Neapolitan dough taste better then regular or does it just cook differently?

Tonight's fixins are grilled filets with butter sauce, potato confit and broccoli. We're having the kids over for dinner and a couple of them are asparagus non-believers.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by losblanos1 (Great looking pizza ...)
Pasta with our Bolognese from the freezer & a salad.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by losblanos1 (Great looking pizza ...)
"and a couple of them are asparagus non-believers." And, they haven't been disowned??????????????????

Blane, Neapolitan dough is the 'classic' if you will. Only ingredients are soft flour (mine is half all-purpose/half bread), salt, yeast and water. No seasonings, oils, herbs, sugar, etc.

It makes a very loose dough - this one that I am working with now was so loose, it was going thru the grates of the grill when we were grilling it. But, and I don't have the knowledge of the properties of dough to know why, but, when the heat hits this dough, it just is gorgeous and chewy and flavorful and....

I just have to work on my version a little more to make it easier for everyday cooks to handle it, which includes me!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/8?? by cjs ("and a couple of the...)
Quote:

don't have the knowledge of the properties of dough to know why

Geez, I should have listened more closely to my lesson this afternoon. We made Jean's pizza dough in the big Hobarth, 20 batches. He was explaining to me how to tell if the the gluten is properly developed, It was so hot in the kitchen (and we had been cleaning out sandwich units), I just stood there saying, yes, that's interesting. Now tomorrow, I'll have to ask him to explain it again.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.