What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

For us? bean salad.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pizza, hopefully on the grill. It's dark and cloudy here today. Might actually get rain, which would be good. So, if it's raining later, might have to do this on my pizza stone.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by Mare749 (Pizza, hopefully on ...)
I have chicken thighs thawing, will try a new rub that my neighbour gave me that her SIL in South Africa gave her. Trying Jean's cookie pizza base today, hoping to serve a dessert pizza Friday night.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by Lorraine (I have chicken thigh...)
I'm not sure. I'm hoping to get inspired today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure. I'm h...)
I think I'm going to try the Meatloaf Burgers with tomato bacon relish from the Sandwiches and Salads book. I like the idea of serving it on grilled french bread slices (though Tony will say it's too squishy so I have an onion bun for him).

That should do it for me but I have sweet potato fries or tater tots if he wants some and we've got cantaloupe coming out of our ears. I bought 4 the other day when they were 50 cents each.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by Trixxee (I think I'm going to...)
I'm leaning toward the French Onion Salsbury Steak, but this is not set in stone.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm leaning toward t...)
Daphne, I thought the same thing when I read what Trixxee is having. Hmmm, I think I have the ingredients. May have to go look up that meatloaf burger too.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by esgunn (Daphne, I thought t...)
Truffle infused steak, baked potato and broccoli---easy--have been hooked on some of the Olympic events so not that inventive--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by Lorraine (I have chicken thigh...)
Lorraine---is the ingredient by any chance NOMU? If so--you are in for a MAJOR treat
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? by Roxanne 21 (Lorraine---is the in...)
It's called "Portuguese Chicken Seasoning", made by Robertsons. Unfortunately, my chicken is still frozen solid, so we're having hamburgers.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.