What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Have no clue here - too many dishes swirling around in my head....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I was going to make the Chicken Taco Salad from the new Cuisine for two cookbook, but that got bumped to tomorrow because last nights dinner got bumped to today because of the pizza epidemic that broke out yesterday.
Filet mignon with béarnaise, Potato confit and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by losblanos1 (I was going to make ...)
Not sure yet. Our tomatoes are coming in and I'm overloaded with basil, so might be BBT's.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. Our to...)
I'm going to make the herb friend chicken and black pepper gravy that Blane made the other day. Not sure what to make as sides - off to the store now before it gets to be 100.

We made it home in one hour from San Diego this morning. Unheard of!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by Trixxee (I'm going to make th...)
that's 'cause everyone's off the highways in California today, Trixxee - Denise and Derek are on the way north.....in a hurry!!!

Oh Maryann - Between you and Daphne and your darn tomatoes. I have an overabundance of beautiful basil, but just a few lousy grape tomatoes ripe.

Last time I made chop suey, I froze a couple of containers to see how it does, so that's it for us. really exciting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by cjs ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Jean - check Denise's FB status. They hit a major roadblock. The transmission in the U-Haul blew up and they are now stranded until they sound out a tow truck.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by Trixxee (Jean - check Denise'...)
I just read that, those poor things, it's awful
I found a zuke that got a little too big, not bad tho' so I'm going to hollow it out and brush with evo and seasonings and roast it in the oven a bit. Then I think I'll stuff it with some shrimp, pineapple, onion, pepper type mix and put rice on the side. It's still a work in progress so ingredients could change. I'm going for sweet and spicy combo
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by farnfam (I just read that, th...)
Those two sure are having a hard time getting out of California!

Tonight is pizza night here...Margharitta and meat and veggie, William's favorite. We will probably have another one later in the week....Truffle Dough Mushroom Pizza!

But I have to share today's lunch. Took BG to lunch at a nice place on the Intercoastal Waterway. Lots of boat traffic. This was what she and I both picked. The catch of the day was tuna and they let us switch out the cod for the tuna. Finally tried it medium rare! Here's the picture. (iPad did pretty good. Left the camera in the car....DUR.)

Blackened Tuna Tacos

We were expecting pasta side to have a vinaigrette....should have gotten the fries. The ones on William's seafood platter were good!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Those two sure are h...)
That's funny, Daphne - that is the Hawaiian style of eating. I was so surprised to get my plate with rice AND a mayo based mac salad.....

Poor Denise & Derek.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Ravioli and sausage.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.