Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14?
  Re: (...)
Or is everyone wiped out from heat, moving, etc?

I'm sort of combining two ideas. Blane's taco salad with the black beans and corn last night that I'm doing something like that (don't have that exact recipe) with a rotissiere chicken. Not turning on the oven today. But I'm not making tortilla shells - we'll just each have a small cheese quesadilla on the side. I'm also making the creamy jalapeno dressing from the fish taco salad from C@H to toss the lettuce and chicken with. I finally found a use for leftover buttermilk.
  Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by Trixxee (Or is everyone wiped...)
Grilled Dijon Steak with Green Bean Potato Salad.

That is, if we go get more propane.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by esgunn (Grilled Dijon Steak ...)
I'm looking for inspiration now. So far I'm thinking of slicing up some overlooked steak and either put it gravey for open faced sandwiches or stick it in my Korean Beef marinade and serve with fried rice.

Still looking.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm looking for insp...)
This is inspirational!!!!! Jungle oats (oatmeal), a bagel and a banana. YUP!!! Peter has a very upset stomach soooo.......must be the pea soup we had last night
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by Roxanne 21 (This is inspirationa...)
Got it! Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad from the Preview issue!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by Gourmet_Mom (Got it! Pecan Crust...)
Tonight I think mac & cheese is going to try to grow up. I am making it with some broccoli and some Gorgonzola cheese I'll let you know how it turns out
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by farnfam (Tonight I think mac ...)
Cis, next time try The Pioneer Woman's Fancy Mac and Cheese! Several different cheeses and Carmelized onions and BACON! Awesome! Very rich!

GEEZE! Where am I? Plan C or D? Got back from the store, getting mez en place.....Honey? Where'd that come from? Reach for honey.....WHO USED THE LAST?!?

Leftover pizza and salad from last night. At least they're GOOD leftovers.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by Gourmet_Mom (Cis, next time try T...)
Geez, I completely forgot - thanks Trixxee!! We had a Costco run today, so stopped at Applebee's for lunch. I needed some leftover steak for a recipe testing, so ordered a rare steak that came maybe medium. I was really annoyed, but they comped the steak, so I do have l/o steak and didn't have to pay for it. so, I'm a little happier.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by Gourmet_Mom (Cis, next time try T...)
Picky's playing golf, so I'm eatting grilled asparagus with olive oil, sea salt and lemon zest. Not much else says summer better!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Is anyone cooking tonight - Tues 8/14? by pjcooks (Picky's playing golf...)
PJ- I crack up every time you refer to "picky". Is that your husband? If that's his actual name, pardon me.
I'm going to grill a T-bone, smother it in a tomato gastrique and I just happen to have asparagus in the fridge, so that's the side.