What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Didn't get to the Little Smokies, Picadillo and stuffed dates yesterday, so will do today. Plus a few l/os from yesterday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
As much as I'd like to try my hand at pizza tonight, I went freezer and pantry diving and I just happen to have everything for the Southwestern Sloppy Joes from Weeknights Vol. 2.

I use ground beef instead of ground turkey though.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by Trixxee (As much as I'd like ...)
We're having the Pecan Crusted Salad from the introductory issue. I'm really looking forward to it!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by karyn (We're having the Pec...)
That's funny, Karyn! That's what we're having! It's our 32nd anniversary, so I'm going to get everything done ahead. Cook the chicken early and let it rest while we have cocktails on the deck to watch the sun set over the lake. We'll do a fancy dinner out this weekend in the mountains.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's funny, Karyn!...)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DAPHNE AND WILLIAM!!! And, many more!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by cjs (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DA...)
Quote:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DAPHNE AND WILLIAM!!! And, many more!!

Ditto!!! Well said Jean...

I am making the Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti tonight. It's in the oven now and the range exhaust is broadcasting it's wonderful smell across the neighborhood.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Happy Anniversary!
We're having Eggplant Sammie's and fettuccine with red sauce. Loving all the eggplants !
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by farnfam (Happy Anniversary![b...)
Thanks, you guys! Everything is ready and waiting. Glass of wine in hand and off to the deck. . Special cocktail later. It's a new one. When William first told me about it last weekend, I thought he was crazy. When I tasted it, I took his away from him and made him go make another one. LOL! It's just pomagranate juice and tequila.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by farnfam (Happy Anniversary![b...)
Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs DeLaney. A toast to 32 years.

While the rest of you are cooking some excellent meals tonight, I'm taking a short cut.
Tonight it's just regular old tacos. I bought the cheese already shredded, the lettuce already shredded. The seasoning is from a packet. The salsa is pre-made. The taco shells are from a box. My wife's going to love it!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's funny, Karyn!...)
Happy Happy Anniversary!! Where's the bubbly?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.