LA Live Food & Wine Festival
  Re: (...)
Here are some photos that Old Bay asked me to post. He will post relevant comments later.

Looks like you had a great time, Bill!

[Image: img0142mp.jpg]

[Image: img0157ba.jpg]

[Image: img0151nn.jpg]

[Image: img0148tz.jpg]

[Image: img0144yp.jpg]

[Image: img0143op.jpg]

[Image: img0163tc.jpg]

[Image: img0162kz.jpg]

[Image: img0158nb.jpg]

[Image: img0176xeg.jpg]

[Image: menuhh.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by labradors (Here are some photos...)
Thanks Labs!!! Jane & I had a wonderful three days--dinner with Wolfgang Friday nite (menu at end), wine and food tasting all day Sat and Sat nite--you will see Hebert Keller, Michael Chiarello (demonstration), Stephan Pyles, Paul Prudhomme ( I was telling him how much we loved his stuffed Cajun pork loin, and blackened fish recipes), and Wolfgang Puck showed up!!!! Brunch with Ming Tsai Sunday AM--menu attached. Sunday nite on the way home we ran into Guy Fieri (sp?). Great wine from all over the world--first time I tasted truffles (prepared by Wolfgang's gang)--delicious (even Australian), I finally see what all the fuss is about!!!

Everything was first class at LALive, downtown J W Marriott, sponsored by Marriott Rewards, Chase Bank and Visa--so much wine, so much food, so many new friends, so little time!!! Sunday nite I had a martini and went to bed!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by Old Bay (Thanks Labs!!! Jane...)
Great photos and how fun! I hope to attend some day. The closest thing to it I've ever attended a few times was the now defuct LA Bon Apetit Make A Wish Foundation food tasting event. Not on this scale but lots of food and fun.

PS - I love Michael Chiarello.
  Re: Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by Trixxee (Great photos and how...)
What a wonderful weekend! Love the pictures of you having such a great time.
  Re: Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by karyn (What a wonderful wee...)
WOW! Awesome pictures and incredible experience! I'm star struck just looking at the pictures!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! Awesome pictur...)
Wow, just Wow - And, I hope Chef Paul Prudhomme lost all the weight intentionally and not because he is ill. What a blast the would have been to experience.

Sweet Corn tortellini with Black Australian Truffles
Carpe Diem Pinot Noir - 2009

Oh my, sounds just delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by cjs (Wow, just Wow - And,...)
Quote:

Wow, just Wow - And, I hope Chef Paul Prudhomme lost all the weight intentionally and not because he is ill. What a blast the would have been to experience.

Sweet Corn tortellini with Black Australian Truffles
Carpe Diem Pinot Noir - 2009

Oh my, sounds just delicious.

It was delicious, and I saw Chef Paul on a PBS series about a year ago--he was in his wheelchair but was coherant and sharp--I think his legs suffered due to his weight-he had lost that weight a year ago--I just pray he is ok. We had a short, but very warm, sharp conversation (until Wolfgang interrupted us!! )
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh, what fun! It looks like you had a great time. Nice photos, too! Thanks for sharing with us!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by Mare749 (Oh, what fun! It loo...)
Wow! Great pictures, and the menu looks incredible.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: LA Live Food & Wine Festival by Lorraine (Wow! Great pictures...)
Wow, what an experience! Wouldn't it be fun if we could all meet somewhere and take in something like that!