What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having a Top Ramen and beef salad and I have some coconut milk leftover, so maybe the Curry and Coconut Chix kabobs from one of the grilling books. Trixxee posted about it a while back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Filets en croute with Bearnaise. Corn and Bloody Mary Gratin for me, potato for him, salads for both.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by BarbaraS (Filets en croute wit...)
Another new one for us tonight, Asian lime ribs with Lime-cilantro slaw and
Asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by losblanos1 (Another new one for ...)
Lobster tails, mushroom risotto, and the wonderful egg plant, pear and pecorino salad that Jean suggested.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by farnfam (Lobster tails, mush...)
Your whole day sounds wonderful, Cis, especially dinner.

No cooking for me today. Just waiting for Ron to get home from a golf outing, then we're off to a graduation party where there will be plenty of good Italian cooking.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by Mare749 (Your whole day sound...)
I'm working and everyone is out having fun....well, except Linda, Lorraine and Sharon...................

I was dragging my feet this a.m. having to make an old family favorite salad that I am really tired of BUT, the picture turned out so good, I'm ready to dig in the salad!!!
[Image: CHEESECORNRECIPEPICTURE.jpg]

Taken with my new camera, thank you very much!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by cjs (I'm working and ever...)
Nice new camera shot, Jean! What's the top salad?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by Lorraine (Nice new camera shot...)
It's a Rice & Cheese salad I used to make for buffets - I stuffed tomatoes with it. Then I just started making it to have as a salad. And we jsut serve it with tomatoes. I'm sure the recipe is one here.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by cjs (It's a Rice & Cheese...)
The kids picked Chilis. Trying to decide between ribs and steak.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 8/18?? by Gourmet_Mom (The kids picked Chil...)
Very nice pic, Jean! The salad looks delicious, and I want your new camera!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."