Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19??
  Re: (...)
Almost forgot again! What's on the menu for everyone today??

Believe it or not I'm making a gelatin salad - well, I make strawberry & banana jello a lot for us - for the book. "Pineapple Pleasure" but it does call for unflavored gelatin, so it's a little upscale... Not sure what else yet. Maybe work some of the cookie recipes in so I don't have to bake everyday for 2 weeks later. Ginger cookies
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by cjs (Almost forgot again!...)
We're on the road home, so I'll have to let you know later. It sure was hard to leave. With Andrew's birthday tomorrow and the thoughts of sitting at his house snuggling Jake at home tonight, it sure was tempting to stay.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're on the road ho...)
Keeping it simple - pulled some marinara out of the freezer for spaghetti or bow ties, a baby greens salad, and garlic bread.
  Re: Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by Trixxee (Keeping it simple - ...)
Reaching the freezer today. I have a cookbook project I am getting near the end of. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're on the road ho...)
Quote:

We're on the road home, so I'll have to let you know later. It sure was hard to leave. With Andrew's birthday tomorrow and the thoughts of sitting at his house snuggling Jake at home tonight, it sure was tempting to stay.

I'm sure it was, Daphne. Be sure you get a webcam or learn how to skype. It will help a lot during the coming months when you can't get to the mountains. Here's hoping your school year flies by!

Dinner isn't written in stone, but so far I have a chopped salad made, and pizza dough rising. I'm thinking margherita pizza on the grill.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Satay Sunday here. Chicken satay with peanut sauce and pineapple rice for a side.
  Re: Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by losblanos1 (Satay Sunday here. C...)
Satay Sunday here, as well. I'll be combining two recipes: the satay from the Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps but with a different peanut sauce that I happen to like better.

After helping with some computer things about a month ago, he bought lunch. As we were eating, I noticed a couple of Thai-related cookbooks on his kitchen shelf. He said that he and his wife really like Thai, so that got into a conversation about cooking, in general, after which, he offered to buy any necessary ingredients if I would cook something for them but also be their guest for dinner. Well, we finally finished other things that each of us had been doing, so tonight is the dinner night.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by labradors (Satay Sunday here, a...)
Labs, that is too cool, have a great night.

Here's the recipe that I use. I stopped looking for chicken satay recipes after I found this one. For me, it's the real deal. Delicious!!

Chicken Satay
Ingredients

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons red curry paste
1 teaspoon palm sugar or brown sugar
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water
Instructions

In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients except the chicken. Slice the chicken into long, thin strips and pound it to flatten it. Add the chicken to marinade. Turn chicken to coat, cover and refrigerate at least one hour.

Thread each chicken strip onto a skewer. Grill for 7 minutes or until done, turning once. Serve with the peanut sauce.

Peanut Sauce
Ingredients

1 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp. red curry paste
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup palm sugar or brown sugar
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. salt
Instructions

Put coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk in curry paste until dissolved. Whisk in the peanut butter, chicken stock and sugar. Reduce heat and simmer until smooth, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime juice and salt. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

[Image: Chickensatay.jpg]
  Re: Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by losblanos1 (Labs, that is too co...)
Labs, that is a really sweet story.

Blane, I almost licked the screen!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ooops Sunday Dinner, 8/19?? by Gourmet_Mom (Labs, that is a real...)
Quote:

Labs, that is a really sweet story.

Blane, I almost licked the screen!

Ditto!!!!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura