Help! My hands are burning up!
  Re: (...)
Can't believe I'm so dumb. Just got done harvesting and cutting up hungarian hots and a ton of jalapenos for the freezer. My hands are burning like crazy! Any ideas????
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by Mare749 (Can't believe I'm so...)
Aloe Jell? Someone mentioned to me to keep it in the refrigerator.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by esgunn (Aloe Jell? Someone ...)
Just my luck...had some and gave it to the kiddies. It's slightly less intense now...
Maryann

Re: Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by Mare749 (Just my luck...had s...)
Maybe soak in some cold milk or sour cream? That is what you are supposed to cut it with when eating it...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by Mare749 (Just my luck...had s...)
He said wash them really well with soap to get rid of any residual oil. Then soak them in milk or buttermilk 9something about the oils being fat soluble?) . Do I need to send you some gloves? (I have tons_).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by Lorraine (He said wash them re...)
OUCH, Maryann! I'm sorry! I know that must hurt!

Good one, Lorraine! It's funny how we all know better and forget some basic facts. I'm really bad about grabbing a skillet out of the oven or off the grill. I have to coach myself every time and leave a towel hanging on the grill or oven door handle.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by Gourmet_Mom (OUCH, Maryann! I'm s...)
oh ouch!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by Gourmet_Mom (OUCH, Maryann! I'm s...)
I have done this and touched my eye and was miserable for hours!

I will even tell you about a newlywed couple whose hubby was a cook and you can only guess what he touched when he got home!Wink (Jean you can delete this if I am being to explicit)

I agree with whomever said milk or cream, or sour cream. My hands didn't burn, but my eye sure did and cold water was a huge help.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by luvnit (I have done this and...)
Read this online:

Excerpt: Then I thought about how my dog got sprayed by a skunk and I used tomato juice which helped. So, I took an over ripe tomato I had, sliced it in half and rubbed those halves all over my hands and let the juice and tomato stay on my hands for a couple of minutes then I washed it off and my hands had quit burning! No harsh chemicals. Yesterday I made more salsa, but I put on my gloves!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Help! My hands are burning up! by luvnit (Read this online:[br...)
Still burning, going to try these ideas right now. Thanks!
Maryann