Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?)
  Re: (...)
I am pretty sure you posted these years ago. They were very good and I had forgotten about them until now:

Italian Fries (Jean?)

6 or 7 Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/3-inch-thick French fry-style strips, soaked in cold salted water
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs or some combo of dried oregano, thyme, marjoram, and basil
2 cups freshly grated Romano cheese
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter, cut into 6 cubes
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Spread 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on each of 2 rimmed baking sheets and spread out the potatoes. Overlapping is fine.
Sprinkle the dried herbs evenly over the potatoes.

Liberally spread the cheese and parsley on top. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cheese. Scatter the cubed butter around the pans.

Bake until the potatoes are golden brown, rotating the pans after 30 minutes, for 45 to 50 minutes total. Use a spatula to lift off the potatoes with all the crusty cheese adhered to them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Serves 6 (if you are very lucky).
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by luvnit (I am pretty sure you...)
You are really putting us thru our paces this a.m., Laura!!

Don't remember these, but they sure sound good!!

-------------

A little lightening bolt hit me when I copied and pasted this to M.C. (haven't learned Living cookbook yet... ) - why not add a link to the thread when I copy/past a recipe from the forums.....wow, what a good idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by cjs (You are really putti...)
Somehow I must have missed this one the first time around. Sure sounds delicious. Copied and saved!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by Mare749 (Somehow I must have ...)
I know I have a picture of these somewhere. I will have to look for it. I made them a few times.
Laura
  Re: Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by luvnit (I know I have a pict...)
These look really YUMMY!!!! Copied and saved---will make this soon.....THANKS
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by Roxanne 21 (These look really YU...)
YUM! Thanks for sharing, Laura! These sound so good! This may be the side for my next steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by Gourmet_Mom (YUM! Thanks for sha...)
Made these to go with the l/o Labor Day ribs - what a great dinner.
[Image: ItalTatoesRibs.jpg]

I sure don't remember making them before, but we'll sure make them again. All day I said I wouldn't add few cuts of butter, then when I was putting it together.... doppled 5 or 6 little blobs of butter around the potatoes. Really good.

Thanks for posting this, Laura.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by cjs (Made these to go wit...)
Yum! I had already forgotten them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by cjs (Made these to go wit...)
You were supposed to cut them into fries Jean. Not just slices( )
Laura
  Re: Re: Italian Fries - Do you remember these? (cjs?) by luvnit (You were supposed to...)
It didn't seem to be written in stone, Laura and we prefer them this way.
www.achefsjourney.com