What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Not sure here yet, but didn't want you all to think I forgot...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am making the chicken roulades from Cuisine Lite (stuffed with kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon zest). Probably broccoli and baked sweet potatoes as the sides as I already have them.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by Trixxee (I am making the chic...)
I took some stuffed cabbage out of the freezer, so we'll have that and mashed potatoes. I am sitting down with old issues tonight! I really need to be making some of the recipes I have marked.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by Mare749 (I took some stuffed ...)
Last night of pure freedom, so we're doing easy...steak!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (Last night of pure f...)
Oh Daphne, does school start next week for you?

We had a couple of good dishes - Kidney Bean Stew and Tuna and Rice Salad. Whew, getting thru this stack.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by cjs (Oh Daphne, does scho...)
Steak with brandy mushroom sauce, sides of baked potato & asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by losblanos1 (Steak with brandy mu...)
Asparagus: No.

Baked potato: Okay.

Steak: Sure.

Brandy-mushroom sauce: I'll take a few gallons and a straw.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by losblanos1 (Steak with brandy mu...)
Quote:

Steak with brandy mushroom sauce, sides of baked potato & asparagus.

That sounds delightful! I am trying to clean out the freezer and found some spaghetti sauce with meatballs. And some refrigerator pickles I made from garden cukes I had added so red pepper flakes too. Sweet and spicy!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I agree with Labs, pass the sauce!

Jean, tomorrow is the county wide opening day assembly for faculty and staff. We have workdays this week. I can take Friday, and I most definitely will. Students start Monday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 8/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree with Labs, p...)
Wow! So delicious. Labs, if I could send you a few gallons and a big straw, I would (or I could send you a bottle of brandy, you'll know what to do with it ). You gave me an idea though. Make the mushroom sauce as the entree, served with a crusty bread to sop up the sauce and a salad or fruit dish as a side.

[Image: Steakwithbrandymushroomsauce2.jpg]