Just Got The Latest Issue!
  Re: (...)
Haven't looked through it much, but it's about comfort food.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by BarbaraS (Haven't looked throu...)
Time to let #94 go and 'sticky' #95, I guess.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by cjs (Time to let #94 go a...)
Already? I'm so behind. Retirement can't come too soon! Too soon for a countdown? Eight months and 16 days! But I'll probably work that extra month to finish out the year.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by Gourmet_Mom (Already? I'm so beh...)
I just got mine. On flipping through, it looks like a lot of repeats. Maybe they redesigned them? I'll be anxious for other opinions.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by Gourmet_Mom (I just got mine. On...)
I agree Daphne.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by BarbaraS (I agree Daphne.[br][...)
I haven't compared the recipes, but here's a list of the possible repeats.

-Oven fried chicken
-Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole vs older Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole
-Spaghetti and Meatballs using ground turkey and whole grain noodles
-Eggplant Rollatini with Three Cheeses
-Fully Loaded Baked Potato three ways: Ham, Cheese, and Broccoli; Taco; Breakfast vs older Stuffed Baked Potato with three variations Vol. 33 (I don't have that to compare)
-Sesame Beef (doesn't show in index, but I could have sworn I've seen this)
-Kung Pao Shrimp?
-Classic Beef Stew (stew book?)
-Autumn Pumpkin Soup with fried sage leaves (soup book?)
-Creamy Spinach Soup vs Spinach Soup Issue 31 (the new one doesn't have almonds...I don't have that issue to compare further)
-Corn Chowder

A lot of repeats, if you ask me.  Even if they are tweaked a little.  And that's just a quick search of the index.  I haven't even looked through the special issues!

Should this go in the review thread, I think?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't compared t...)
Well, the Oven Fried chicken is different from Issue 37. In that issue, the chicken was skinless and baked from the start. Why would I want to start to fry the chicken in oil and then continue in the oven? I would just keep frying in oil. They had a great recipe for that in Issue 56. If you have a good candy thermometer and watch carefully, there's no problem.

Barbara
  Re: Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by BarbaraS (Well, the Oven Fried...)
Okay, striike that one. But still? Fried chicken? Really?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, striike that o...)
I just got my last issue. I was not impressed, it did feel like old stuff. Or maybe it is just me that is old, lol. Regardless, I don't think I will renew. I just hate that I can't copy the recipes to put in Living Cookbook. To me that is a huge downside, and in most cases, I have been able to find almost identical recipes in Fine Cooking or Cook's Illustrated which do have the recipes available online.

So despite C@H being the first cooking magazine to which I subscribed, I won't renew. In the last year, there have been few Oh wow recipes, such as Meatloaf burger, Pork Cutlets Diane, Fizzy chicken and Focaccia. It will become a check the newsstand and see "if it is worth it kind" now. I will do the same for the cookbooks and won't be upset about the repeats in those. I will revisit if and when they have a viable recipe site.

Does this mean I get kicked out of this forum?
  Re: Re: Just Got The Latest Issue! by Cubangirl (I just got my last i...)
Absolutely not, Alina. There are quite a few non subscribers on here. I come up for renewal in February. They will have to really knock my socks off in the next two issues to convince me to renew. I have so many recipes in previous issues and specialty books to last me quite a while. If they don't wow me, I'll just watch the news stand.
Daphne