What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

Decided to allow the fish to marinate overnight, so didn't have the Halibut (I'm using P.Cod) with Sweet Chili Thai Sauce. Had stuffed bells instead with watermelon and honeydew - best of the season!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich with bacon and smoked cheese from one of the Cuisine Tonight issues. The only change I'm making is we're using smoked Gouda rather than smoked mozzarella, 'cuz that's what I have. They sound delicious, so I'm looking forward to it!

I'll serve some grilled broccolini and grilled eggplant with the sandwiches.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by karyn (We're having the Chi...)
I'm making mongolian beef from one of the weeknight issues. It calls for broccolini but I'm using asparagus, mushrooms and carrots 'cuz that's what I have.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by Trixxee (I'm making mongolian...)
Well, we had a pizza disaster on the grill yesterday and had to throw the pizza out. Such a bummer, they looked sooo good! So, trying again, but today will be baking in the oven on the pizza stone under MY watchful eye.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by Mare749 (Well, we had a pizza...)
What happened, Maryann??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by cjs (What happened, Marya...)
Did a garlic chicken, broccoli and farfalle----good stand-by for a VERY BUSY, CRAZY day
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by Roxanne 21 (Did a garlic chicken...)
What Jean said, Maryann.

Forgot my dinner...LOL! William brought home a leftover tenderloin from the camp Saturday. When I offered to slice it and freeze it, he said he wanted to have them today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (What Jean said, Mary...)
Karyn that sandwich is really good, the bacon is delicious.

Tonight I'm making Gordon Ramseys pressed pork belly with a pan sauce (it's actually done, I just have to pop it in the oven to finish). My sides are baked potato confit and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by losblanos1 (Karyn that sandwich ...)
sounds good, Blane.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? by Roxanne 21 (Did a garlic chicken...)
Roxanne,

I did that Ina Garten Perfect Roast Chicken last Saturday, and it was Da Bomb! Only outdone by the Butterflied High Crisp Chicken over Potatoes from America's Test Kitchen. Ina's recipe is a LOT easier. And tastier.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.