What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

As I mentioned yesterday, we so loved dinner, we're repeating it today with more tilapia and the leftover quinoa with chiles and corn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We wanted to do a Sam's run, but the President is in town today, so we are staying clear of Charlottesville. Major housecleaning day instead, as we have family coming this weekend. I have a pot of ham and baby lima bean soup on the go. Jean, the quinoa sounds fabulous!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by Lorraine (We wanted to do a Sa...)
Tony's in Houston today so when he travels it's always my opportunity to take a break from cooking. Won't be as good as everyone's pizza on the grill by a long shot but we had a pizza for lunch the other day from Papa John's and it was actually pretty good. Michael and I will repeating that tonight.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by Trixxee (Tony's in Houston to...)
I have no idea. Just got home from the funeral and luncheon (which was fabulous) so I won't be wanting much tonight. So, I'm thinking of pulling a steak out of the freezer for Ron and maybe I'll make him some fried potatoes to go with it. He just loves those made in my old cast iron skillet, but I only make them a few times a year. Most likely a tomato sandwich for me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by Mare749 (I have no idea. Just...)
Did a burger with fries and leftover coleslaw-----great!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by Roxanne 21 (Did a burger with fr...)
Maryann, I'm so sorry to hear that, but glad that it was nice. Cleaned the kitchen and found my cast iron popover and cornstick pans. Corn sticks are in the oven. Thank you Billy for the pans.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by Lorraine (Maryann, I'm so sorr...)
Tarragon cream chicken with Potato Confit and Asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by Lorraine (Maryann, I'm so sorr...)
Lorraine don't you just love those fun little reminders!

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Maryann!

It's either my Mom's tuna salad or leftovers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by Harborwitch (Lorraine don't you j...)
Hugs from here too, Maryann!

I LOVE corn sticks!

I had a single and fries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 8/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hugs from here too, ...)
Honey Lime chicken Skewers ( this is becoming a favorite). Summer Vegetable Ragout with zucchini, green beans and corn, and cilantro lime rice. Oh yum. Such good flavors.I even messed up and it was still delish!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.