What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7
  Re: (...)
I think Jean might be busy with those 200 desserts today so I'll start!

Chicken marsala over thin spaghetti and sauteed spinach. Haven't had marsala in a long time.

What's everyone else up to? Lots of steak nights no doubt since it's Friday.
  Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by Trixxee (I think Jean might b...)
Sesame Chicken over Lo Mein noodles and some Shrimp Purses. Takeout from Wegmans.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by Trixxee (I think Jean might b...)
We're going to have Jean's garlic shrimp over angel hair pasta with fresh tomato sauce, garlic bread, and a tossed salad.

Marsala sounds good, Trixxee. Putting it on the list.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by Mare749 (We're going to have ...)
Maryann,

That sounds excellent! Is there a recipe somewhere? I still have to make some shrimp for Hubby and as he loves garlic, this may be an excellent starter dish.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by BarbaraS (Maryann,[br][br]That...)
Barbara, I could have sworn Jean and I had posted ours on here....very similar....but I can't find it. They are both awesome! Jean's is more figure friendly using a little butter and olive oil, while mine is all butter. If Maryann doesn't get to Jean's by tomorrow, I'll post both for you.

Shoot! Forgot dinner! I'm having the usual steak and baked potato. I was supposed to make the Steak and 20 Garlic Cloves with Carrots and Asparagus, but I think I'll save that for sometime William is home.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, I could hav...)
That would be awesome Daphne! Thanks!!

I went to Amazon.com and saw that Jean has three cookbooks on sale there. I have her Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! book and the tribute to Billy C, I just think I may have to order the others.

Barbara
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, I could hav...)
My wife is away on her ladies retreat this weekend, so it's Dude food for me!
Steakhouse mushroom burger with creamed spinach sauce.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by losblanos1 (My wife is away on h...)
They're really good ones, Barbara!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by Gourmet_Mom (They're really good ...)
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas from C@H erecipes this week. They smell good. Looking forward to it I can tell you though the cooking times are way off. Mine are done now, 6pm (Dinner will be at 8:30) at 3 1/2 hours on low. I used boneless chicken thighs instead of boneless breasts.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Friday 9/7 by esgunn (Slow Cooker Chicken ...)
Well, we came home to leftover bean dip/chips and 6 leftover Blackberry Supremes. Then crashed - I think I'm getting too old for this, but is was fun and the dessert was very well recieved! Whew.

Baraba, thank you for checking out the books - if you'd prefer you can order thru me and have them signed to you. If you decide you'd like any of them.

Here's the recipe for the shrimp Maryann mentioned. I have been playing with the recipe lately and have used 1/2 olive oil/1/2 white wine and it works also, but there's so much richness and goodness in the original, I normally go for it!

Roasted Garlic Shrimp/Prawns

1 pound shrimp, cleaned, peeled and tail attached
3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 450°F.

On a heavy baking sheet, mix together the garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper; add the cleaned shrimp and toss together gently. Spread out in a single layer. Roast for 3 minutes, turn shrimp over and continue roasting until shrimp are opaque and firm, another 2 to 4 minutes. Even for large shrimp, don't be tempted to cook longer than the extra 4 minutes - they will be done, trust me.

Transfer the shrimp to a bowl scraping all the goodies into the bowl with the shrimp; cover loosely and chill until service. Or, for a wonderful pasta dish, toss with freshly cooked pasta, while the shrimp are still hot and serve.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com