Master Chef Cooking Class
  Re: (...)
On Saturday I attended a Cooking class at the Seattle Le Cordon Bleu. Preserving the Summer Harvest. This is the third Saturday class I have attended. Just fun 4 hour " Master Chef". Class for Home cooks of any experience. This was a really fun class. First we made ricotta cheese! It was so easy! I know others on here have mentioned it, but really so easy!,, Milk lemon juice and Salt. What can be easier. Then we canned roasted red beLl peppers. We also made pickled green beans, kimchi style cucumbers, and a black pepper blueberry jam. (well mine is syrup.). The kids had some of the blueberry jam /syrup on buttermilk pancakes for breakfast.

We made pizzas tonight, and on one I used the ricotta as a "sauce". It was so good.

Anyway a very fun Saturday that carried over into Sundays cooking. If you haven't tried making Riotta yet, I highly recommend it!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by esgunn (On Saturday I attend...)
Erin, this is weird.....my daughter just sent over a recipe for ricotta by Ina Garten. Inasmuch as ricotta here is really bad , I am going to make it. It does look really easy and I have a couple of recipes that require ricotta that I want to try.

Those classes sound like FUN!!

Thanks for the post!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by Roxanne 21 (Erin, this is weird...)
Sounds like a fun class, Erin. I have made ricotta and liked it very much. I keep thinking I'm going to branch out more from the ricotta, mozz, and few other easy ones, but I still have not.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by cjs (Sounds like a fun cl...)
Sure does sound like a fun time! I loved taking cooking classes. Especially when we made something that I thought was so daunting, and turned out to be so easy to make.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by Lorraine (Sure does sound like...)
That sounds like a lot of fun, Erin. Useful, too!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by Mare749 (That sounds like a l...)

Erin - classes sound really great. - Love to learn new things.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by mjkcooking ([br]Erin - classes s...)
Erin, I've seen other ricotta recipes that called for vinegar, but not one that called for lemon. Could you post quantities for me? I have directions for the rest.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by Mare749 (Erin, I've seen othe...)
What a fun thing to do! I'd like the directions if it's not too much. Time to start the ....When I'm retired list!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by Gourmet_Mom (What a fun thing to ...)
Sounds like fun Erin. Pickled green beans - oh how I love them!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Master Chef Cooking Class by Harborwitch (Sounds like fun Erin...)
Good idea, Daphne!! Would you please start your list with making marshmallows and different cheeses, please. I've been trying to do both for 2 years!!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com