What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Tracie is bringing over 3 steaks that she bought a while back for a treat the next time we came down. (What a sweetie, she thinks no one cooks a steak better than her mama... ) So, we'll have those and the couscous salad I made a while back that is so good - Couscous salad with chickpeas and corn < --- see that Barbara???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's Back To School Night tonight so all dinner, dishes and homework needs to be done by 6:00. We're going Hawaiian island style tonight - pork fried rice (which I'm picking up from our fave Chinese restaurant), topped with fried eggs, green onions and soy sauce.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by Trixxee (It's Back To School ...)
Trixee that sounds good. I have an eggplant and lamb. If I get motivated Moussaka will be on the menu with a simple salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by Harborwitch (Trixee that sounds g...)
Something really easy----mussels in wine sauce....again!! He loves it and I found some really fresh ones today---he even soaked up the sauce with BREAD!!! A no-no here but I thought I would give him a treat with all of the day's stress....

I love Hawaiian, Trixxee-----and Moussaka is great....but needs a bit of "motivation"
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by Roxanne 21 (Something really eas...)
We're meeting some friends at a local pub/restaurant for drinks and dinner. The place is known for great Italian food, but we may just share an antipasto salad and split a muffaletta.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by Mare749 (We're meeting some f...)
Can rarely find fresh mussels here. Maryann, that sound like fun! Spent the day making Peach Jam (with Peach wine), so dug out all the leftovers, put them in dishes, and they are in the oven.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by Lorraine (Can rarely find fres...)
I'm doing the Greek Salad with Shrimp from C@H Fast and Fresh.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing the Greek ...)
Herb Fried Chicken with black pepper gravy, Twice baked potatoes with parmesan & tarragon and Asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by losblanos1 (Herb Fried Chicken w...)
The boss has asked Bob and I out to dinner!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 9/13?? by Harborwitch (The boss has asked B...)
Have fun, Sharon! Be sure to share later!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.