Cocoa & Spice Pork
  Re: (...)
I mentioned the pizza party last week at the winery here in town and the Chocolate Pork pizza w/strognoff sauce that Tom made.

Dry rubbed the pork yesterday and will let sit until tomorrow and since we're in the trailer with an oven that is so iffy, I'm going to do the roast in the slow cooker.

[Image: DryRubbedforChocolatePork.jpg]

Cocoa & Spice Pork
Dry Rub:
1/2 T. whole white peppercorns
1/2 T. shole coriander seeds
2 T. + 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 T. coarse sea salt
1 T. + 2 1/4 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

We'll see how things go tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by cjs (I mentioned the pizz...)
Sounds like a winner!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by Lorraine (Sounds like a winner...)
fingers crossed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by cjs (fingers crossed. [im...)
I can't wait to hear the results!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by Gourmet_Mom (I can't wait to hear...)
Yeah, what she said!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by BarbaraS (Yeah, what she said!...)
It was in the slow cooker for 1 hour on high and now on low for 1/2 hour and is it ever smelling good in here!!!!

I forgot to mention, the coffee/spice grinder I grabbed to bring with us had coffee granules left in it, so I didn't clean it - I may add some more coffee, if this does indeed turn out pretty good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by cjs (It was in the slow c...)
Jean this looks to interesting - waiting to hear how you like it.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by mjkcooking (Jean this looks to i...)
Thanks Marye, me too!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by cjs (Thanks Marye, me too...)
Well, I'm not real impressed, but I think I got a little carried away with the rub. I think I'll try it again and be much more sparingly with it. Where I could scrape it off there was a nice flavor, so I think I'll just freeze it all and take it home and play with it and see. darn.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cocoa & Spice Pork by cjs (Well, I'm not real i...)
Sorry to hear that, Jean. I got carried away a few times with some of his spicy rubs, even he could barely eat the meat.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.