What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

Today my grandson is putting on his first (of many I hope) Pig BBQ. We did them for 18 years before we gave in exhausted! But, they were always so fun wherever we were - even when we lived downtown Kewanee, IL and had to have a 'Turkey Pig BBQ'

I'm taking C@H's Chickpea salad with feta and a pot of baked beans. Hope we meet lots of new fun folks. And, I'm taking both cameras, so I can just click away.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Have a wonderful time, Jean. Can't wait to see the pix.

Haven't decided on dinner just yet, as I'm just now baking a vegetable strata for brunch. Time to get out the books again and do some menu planning.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by Mare749 (Have a wonderful tim...)
Well now that we know that Hubby's 103 degree fever was due to a nasty interaction with a new med, we'll be having what I planned for last Saturday - Filets en Croute with Bearnaise sauce. I also came upon a Peach Cobbler recipe that I'm going to try out tonight also.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by BarbaraS (Well now that we kno...)
I'll go with my plan from last night....Surf and Turf. I'm also determined to continue meal planning. It has been pretty cool the past few weeks. Instead of using up part of my Saturday going to town grocery shopping, William and I stop by the grocery after church on Sunday. Nice!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll go with my plan...)
Daphne,

I'm now doing my shopping on Friday afternoons since the Wegmans is practically right next to work. Frees up my Saturday ever so nicely.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by BarbaraS (Daphne,[br][br]I'm n...)
My car seems to have a mind of it's own. It makes a bline for the house on Fridays. I've made a habit to make sure I'm stocked up for Friday's dinner on Thursday....LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (My car seems to have...)
Everything sounds good!

My new strategy is to watch what Blane has been making and then make that a few days later. We seem to have very similar likes. So tonight it's chicken with almond butter sauce and ASPARAGUS. LOL. It looked really good at Trader Joe's yesterday. Not sure what the other side will be but I have a huge bag of russets so.....
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by Trixxee (Everything sounds go...)
Have a great time Jean, I look forward to your pictures.
Trixxee, that's why the "What's for Dinner?" thread is my favorite one. I've found so much inspiration from all the amazing food everyone cooks on here. I did notice that you and I are in the same wheelhouse when it comes to our menus. As a matter of fact, you've inspired me to have asparagus tonight.

Tonight's dinner is from three different Cuisine at Home cookbooks.
Pina Colada shrimp with Pineapple Chutney served on top of Sesame Rice Cakes and a side of Asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by losblanos1 (Have a great time Je...)
Had to run home for bug spray!! Here's the pig after 4 hours of spitting.....

[Image: GrillingPigSept152012.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/15?? by cjs (Had to run home for ...)
I can smell it from here! We've never done one like that. I'm going to share this with William. He's going to flip!
Daphne