VOT: Help with Kindle!
  Re: (...)
I need to purchase a book for school and it is not available on the US Amazon site, but it IS available on their UK site. Is there anything I should know before buying from there? This is the only digital version of this book I have found. The book is Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH.

I took it for granted this was easily available in digital format and had planned on starting it tomorrow. I could use the document camera with the one copy I have, but a digital version would be so much better because I would be able to use the Kindle features.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: VOT: Help with Kindle! by Gourmet_Mom (I need to purchase a...)
Are you able to download books from your library? I know on the nook we can, although I've not done it since there is no library here. You might call your local one and see if they offer that. Also check out google books.
  Re: Re: VOT: Help with Kindle! by DFen911 (Are you able to down...)
My library hasn't entered the 21st century. LOL! I'll check Google, but I doubt it. I googled the title and the UK site was the only one.
Daphne
  Re: Re: VOT: Help with Kindle! by Gourmet_Mom (My library hasn't en...)
I wonder if you can buy thru the UK site and have it upload to your kindle. They have strict rules on what we can see. Like our BBC channel here is not their BBC. They won't allow it to be broadcasted outside of the UK. Can you contact the UK publisher and see if they would allow it to be downloaded to a US kindle?
  Re: Re: VOT: Help with Kindle! by DFen911 (I wonder if you can ...)
It says download with Whispernet and has the one click to download to my Kindle. I just don't know if there would be any fees or something?
Daphne
  Re: Re: VOT: Help with Kindle! by Gourmet_Mom (It says download wit...)
I doubt there'd be any hidden fees, Daph. Just what ever it says it cost, but you realize it's probbly British pounds which is around twice as much in American money. I'd go for it if I were you.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: VOT: Help with Kindle! by farnfam (I doubt there'd be a...)
Thanks, Cis. I think I will. Ten dollars after conversion seems a small price to pay for the convenience of using my Kindle app and my smartBoard at school together. The document camera was going to be a pain. The only copy I have is paperback and would not lie flat. Serious issues.
Daphne
  Re: Re: VOT: Help with Kindle! by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Cis. I thin...)
Okay, tried and was told it was for UK customers only. BUMMER!
Daphne
  Re: Re: VOT: Help with Kindle! by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, tried and was ...)
For future reference, I've not bought digital, but regular books work fine. DD bought the last Stieg Larson from Amazon UK before it was available here. I also purchased a complete dvd set of Harry Potter in blu ray that was not available here, with extras and commentary that was not available here before you could get any full sets here and it was cheaper than the preorders here.

PS, the book is available in paperback for $6.99 and a buy 4 pay for 3 promotion.