Billy's Butcher in 'Meatball'
  Re: (...)
During our wine tasting trek today, one of the winemakers told us abou this butcher that made fantastic pepper bacon. Ding, Ding, Ding!! I remember how much Billy loved Nickabobs Meat Market's pepper bacon. Stopped in and picked up 2 lbs. Also, found a farmers market and got a beautiful tomato (no heirloom, tho), Albertsons for bread and darn, could not find fresh basil, so will settle for lettuce. Guess what we're having for dinner!! He so loved that bacon, so this is in his honor and if there is any bacon left by the 29th (there better be!), we may have them again that day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Billy's Butcher in 'Meatball' by cjs (During our wine tast...)
Sweet memories! Sorry you missed out on the Basil! Maybe on the 29th? You were right! SOOOOOOOO GOOD!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh my. Billy would have been so tickled! Shall we do another dinner for Billy on the 29th?

Did you find Palotai? That is the Pinot Noir that Billy brought to CA once. When D & D came over to the motor home when we were in Oregon we had a bottle - Bob and I walked from the RV park to the winery.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Billy's Butcher in 'Meatball' by Harborwitch (Oh my. Billy would h...)
Oh that was good too
I had grand plans for dinner, but had to work and . . . Peanut butter, bacon, lettuce, tomato with basil mayo on homemade oatmeal toast.

Wasn't that good Denise! So was the bottle you guys brought!!!
I remember when he first bought that bacon.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Billy's Butcher in 'Meatball' by Lorraine (I remember when he f...)
He was so tickled by that butcher! He's the one who also had double and triple smoked bacon. Billy told us all about it and we had to try it - yum.