Girl's slumber Party
  Re: (...)
Hello,

My boyfriend is out of town and my two friends are coming over for dinner on Saturday night and staying over till Sunday. They are big time fish lovers. I was thinking of making Pistachio crusted Halibut or some other Halibut or cod recipe. Does anybody have a favorite they can share with me?

Thank you
  Re: Girl's slumber Party by piano226 (Hello,[br][br]My boy...)
I think the pistachio crusted is about as good as it gets!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Girl's slumber Party by luvnit (I think the pistachi...)
Why not splurge and do some fish chunks deep fried in a beer batter with lots of wonderful dipping sauces????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Girl's slumber Party by cjs (Why not splurge and ...)
I thought about deep frying...but everybody is on a DIET...and dont want to eat fried food. So I figured that pistachio crusted is a kind of middle ground except I have never made and dont know a good recipe. I looked at C@H index and it was not there either.
  Re: Re: Girl's slumber Party by piano226 (I thought about deep...)
How about Cerviche? Maybe some yummy Shrimp Cocktail/Bloody Mary's or Baked Clams??
Sushi is a fun thing to make assembly line style and everyone gets to participate

Just saying
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Girl's slumber Party by farnfam (How about Cerviche? ...)
Fish tacos, fish meuniere, thai style ginger sauce fish....okay, fried again (but lightly??? )
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Girl's slumber Party by Roxanne 21 (Fish tacos, fish meu...)
Yes, Ceviche is on a menu already.
  Re: Re: Girl's slumber Party by piano226 (Yes, Ceviche is on a...)
Sea bass in corn husks, I subbed Cod for the bass. Not only is it delicious, the presentation is impressive and it's easy to make. It's flavor comes from a compound butter that you make (there's 3 to choose from, I picked the basil tomato butter).
Even if you haven't got any fresh corn husks, parchment paper would work. I used the corn to make a maque choux for the side.
  Re: Re: Girl's slumber Party by losblanos1 (Sea bass in corn hus...)
This is my go to oven-fried fish and chicken - great flavor.

* Exported from MasterCook *

OVEN FRIED CATFISH OR CHICKEN

1 egg
1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- grated
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornflakes -- crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 Catfish fillets -- cut in half crosswise

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Have two shallow bowls at hand. In one mix one egg with 1 T. water and in the other mix together the parmesan cheese, flour, cornflake crumbs, paprika, salt and pepper.

Dip catfish pieces in an egg wash; coat with cheese mixture.
Place each filet on baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the top of fish also.

Bake for 15 minutes, turn each piece over and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes more. Try not to cook the fish past 140° F. Serves 4

For chicken, have at hand the two bowls with egg wash and parmesan mixture. Dip 4 1/2-breasts in the egg wash and then the dry coating. Proceed with recipe and bake 20 minutes and turn pieces over and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes until no longer pink and temperature is 160° F. And for a wonderfully moist and tender chicken breast, brine the chicken pieces before using.

Description:
"This wonderful method of having 'fried' catfish or chicken is good served hot or cold. Great for summer picnics."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Girl's slumber Party by cjs (This is my go to ove...)
Grilled fish tacos with a fresh cabbage and cilantro slaw. Sorry late to the dinner discussion.