What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today? (the dinners this week have all been really good and/or good sounding!!)

It's heading home day for us, sigh. And, this little trailer of ours is just perfect for long trips, plenty of room. Thank heavens!! Hate to go back to P.A.

Especially when these big guys go by so close to us - wow!
[Image: ShiponColumbiaSept21_zps6bb00444.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Great photo, Jean. Glad you had such a good time, and that your trailer will be comfortable for the long haul.

We are suppose to be having the Grilled Turkey Tenderloin with balsamic sauce and tomato dressing on the side, from the Grilling book. However, it's still raining here, so hoping it will clear up later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Scored a 1 lb rib eye steak and some horseradish sauce. Potato for him, corn for me, and side salads for both.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22?? by BarbaraS (Scored a 1 lb rib ey...)
Very cool, Jean! Reminds me of the park at Southport.

Today is Jaden's Chinese Beef Broccoli. Yum!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22?? by Gourmet_Mom (Very cool, Jean! Re...)
We have a choice tonight. We needed pulled pork (he's making Pig Newton's as an app next week), so cooked one overnight, and after putting some aside, have more than enough for supper. We got a great deal on pork spare ribs (99 cents/lb)!!!!, so bought the 4 rack limit. He smoked them overnight, and will finish them in the oven later.

Way OT, one of my sisters arrives this afternoon, the first of my family to come visit!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22?? by Lorraine (We have a choice ton...)
Lorraine, I'm so happy for you! Have a great time this weekend.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22?? by Mare749 (Lorraine, I'm so hap...)
I'm making the chicken spinach salad sandwiches I was supposed to make yesterday.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22?? by Lorraine (We have a choice ton...)
Oh Lorraine---how excited you must be!!!! Cherish your time together!!! SPECIAL!!!!

I did a garlic kissed shrimp with angel hair pasta and ASPARAGUS (roasted with parmesan) YUMMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 9/22?? by Roxanne 21 (Oh Lorraine---how ex...)
My wife has the kitchen tonight and is making pork rib chops with brandy mushroom sauce, the rib chop recipe is from issue #41, the mushroom sauce is from a Weeknight Menus cookbook. The chops are in a brine right now.
I'm in charge of making the sides, grilled steak fries with dijon mayonnaise and as Roxanne would say "ASPARAGUS".
Lorraine have fun with your sister! That is so great that she is coming to visit, hopefully she'll just be the first!

Dinner tonight is going to be a turkey meatloaf, baby Brussels sprouts, and I'm thinking that Tomato Dressing looks awfully good.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!