Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup!
  Re: (...)
Oh, my, David Burke's recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup sounds delicious!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by labradors (Oh, my, David Burke'...)
You know, at first I thought, huh? But looking at the recipe, it sounds really good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by Gourmet_Mom (You know, at first I...)
I'll look tomorrow - have to go unload. Labs, you've been on a roll lately!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by cjs (I'll look tomorrow -...)
Wow, that syrup sounds intense. I'm thinking the whole combination probably goes really well together. Are you going to try it, Labs?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by Mare749 (Wow, that syrup soun...)
If so, be sure to review!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by Gourmet_Mom (If so, be sure to re...)
I'd like to give it a try, but it may be a few weeks before I get to it.

I'm not a beer drinker, but I like to cook with it and, oddly enough, the only time I've tasted beer without being repulsed by it was Guinness, so I have no problem imagining this syrup AND it makes perfect sense with oatmeal pancakes.
  Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by labradors (Oh, my, David Burke'...)
OMG! I might have a Guinness on hand! This sounds so good and it's a great excuse to go buy some Guinness!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by Harborwitch (OMG! I might have a ...)
Looks as though a number of you may try this before I get a chance to do so. If so, please do post some reviews (may as well keep them in this thread so they'll be with the recipe link).
  Re: Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by labradors (Looks as though a nu...)
I'm one of those that don't care for beer (except for beer battered fish)---curious to hear reviews though---I have some Guinness in the fridge---for guests that may want one---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Oatmeal Pancakes with Guinness Syrup! by Roxanne 21 (I'm one of those tha...)
WOW!

Just made the syrup for this ahead of time, and it is fantastic!

Shall make the pancakes for breakfast in the morning. This syrup should be absolutely perfect for those oatmeal pancakes.