What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Have to sit down and write up a schedule for the next few days....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am going to make Swedish Meatball Soup (w/peas and red potatoes) and Homemade White Bread. That ought to feed our souls todaySmile
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23?? by luvnit (I am going to make S...)
this a.m. is looking like a soup day here too, Laura. I haven't grilled in two weeks and I was really looking forward to it.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23?? by cjs (this a.m. is looking...)
Tony's in charge today - he's making something along these lines for burritos.

http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/07/chil...ooker.html
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23?? by Trixxee (Tony's in charge tod...)
Tonight's dinner is from the latest issue, Tex-Mex Lasagna with a simple salad.

ETA: Those burritos look delicious Trixxee. I put it down for dinner on Thursday.

ETA: To heck with it, I'm making those burritos tonight. I just fired off the crockpot.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23?? by losblanos1 (Tonight's dinner is ...)
We're having Gumbo from "Splendid Soups and Sides." I have to remember to cut the pepper down by half. It is way too hot with the amount listed in the recipe. Also, I'm using shrimp and sausage instead of chicken.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23?? by losblanos1 (Tonight's dinner is ...)
I'm doing an old recipe from the 3 Fat Chicks (seriously) website....Honey Citrus Grilled Chicken with a side of Corn Casserole from Pioneer Woman and Garlicky Green Beans.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing an old rec...)
SPICY SHRIMP AND GREEN APPLE SALAD from serious eats.com a Thai dish served over rice.
I've had it in my queue since summer, Seemed a good idea to make now with apples coming in
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/23?? by farnfam (SPICY SHRIMP AND GRE...)
It is really cold, wet and windy here----very unusual for this time of year---we can swim in the pool at a very comfortable temp---NOT THIS YEAR!!! Still very cold---BLAME IT ON BUSH!!!!

Clam chowder with sammies---bacon and cheese for him=---BLT for me---been a long time since I have done a chowder---hit the spot!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Quote:

ETA: To heck with it, I'm making those burritos tonight. I just fired off the crockpot.

LOL! The picture just looked too good. I can't wait. Hmm, and it's only 12:30 pm and I already had huevos rancheros for breakfast. Must be a mexican kind of day.