What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

I have l/o steak from our travels, so I'm making two beef dishes - beef and cabbage wraps and a later little meal of Asian beef with all kinds of my favorite Asian flavors over rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Soup again! Lentil Barley Beef. More homemade bread.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by luvnit (Soup again! Lentil B...)
Stuffed cabbage, made with the cabbage that Katie grew. She is sooo proud of it! I wish that all children could experience growing their own vegetables. All the grandbabies took part in growing/harvesting our garden this year.

[Image: Katie_zps1fa19773.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by Mare749 (Stuffed cabbage, mad...)
How fun, Maryann. One year we had the grandkids carve their initials in pumpkins and they would run to the garden to check them everytime they came up. That was fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by cjs (How fun, Maryann. On...)
She looks very proud of that cabbage - as well she should be!

We are turning the leftover chili colorado into enchiladas. Some type of spanish rice on the side. I have a recipe around here somewhere that is very easy - I think it's just sauteed onion & garlic, water and tomato sauce. I'm also going to look for those Knorr cubes today in case it makes sense to throw a cube into the rice.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by Trixxee (She looks very proud...)
That's a nice size cabbage and Katie is just beautiful!

We're gonna have soup too savory bean and kale, just need to figure out how to cook it up. More construction in my kitchen today so looks like it'll be crockpot time.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by DFen911 (That's a nice size c...)
Quote:

I have to agree!

Tonight is going to be a classic roast beef, mashed potatoes, and the Penzey's carrots. Maybe some fresh bread? It's Monday night football - SEAHAWKS!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by DFen911 (That's a nice size c...)
Quote:

I totally agree! Both she and the cabbage are gorgeous!!

We're having the Drunken Pork Kebabs with Maque Choux from one of the grilling issues. I haven't made it in forever, and it's one of John's favorites.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, our Beef and Cabbage wraps were better than I anticipated. Really like the flavor combinationl - kind of Asian infused......

[Image: BeefandCabbageWrapsSept24.jpg]

It calls for ground beef, but I had l/o steak that I subbed. It also calls for onions, cabbage, corn, hoisin sauce and toasted sesame oil. Nice combo.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 9/24?? by cjs (Well, our Beef and C...)
**covers Katie's eyes**

Jean you cabbage killer! But looks delicious!