What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

We're having Shrimp & Potato Hash and Tomato Dressng
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Garlic chicken piccata---BROCCOLI and pasta---TOUGH day today!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by Roxanne 21 (Garlic chicken picca...)
Tony's dining in Atlanta tonight (poor guy - not because it's Atlanta, but because he has to be at a convention center tomorrow at 3:30am our time to set up). When he's gone I usually do some damage control (thanks Maryann) and will just have a sauteed chicken breast and some asparagus.

Michael wants noodle soup (yes, from that box), bread sticks and carrot sticks.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by Trixxee (Tony's dining in Atl...)
Well, another winner in the healthy eating regime and the Denhams...shrimp-potato hash is good. I have Langostini in the freezer, so used them and had this along with tomato hash, so I'm sure that helped the flavors.

[Image: ShrimpandPotatoHashwtomdressingsept252012.jpg]

the hash really is a good starting point for a dinner (or brunch?) Saute 1/2 cup sliced onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1/3 cup celery 5 min. Add 2 cups cubed cooked (al dente) potatoes, 2 T. water, Italian seasoning (Oregano & basil) and saute 6 min. Add 4 oz. shrimp and saute another 4 minutes until done.

I could go crazy with this base!

I forgot I took a picture of the l/o clam campanelle made into a frittata - now, that was wonderful!! I'm not half disliking this food regime as long as I take time to think things thru.
(sorry, posted the wrong dang picture - here's the frittata - so good!)

[Image: ClamFrittataSept2512leftovers.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by cjs (Well, another winner...)
No wonder Roxanne's moving out of Capetown, there doesn't appear to be enough asparagus. BROCCOLI? Are you mocking me?
That looks delicious Jean.
Tonight from the newest Cuisine for two, Thai Red Curry Turkey with the Basil-Lemon Noodles. I'm using chicken breasts though.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by losblanos1 (No wonder Roxanne's ...)
Beautiful Jean! I almost bought a bag of frozen langostinis from Trader Joe's the other day. Is that where you bought yours?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by losblanos1 (No wonder Roxanne's ...)
Quote:

BROCCOLI? Are you mocking me?

Mmmmwwwwaaahahahahahahaha!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Piddle, Trixxee, I can't remember where I got these - we've been to Trader Joes, Cash & Carry and costco all in the last few weeks.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by cjs (Piddle, Trixxee, I c...)
Nice, Jean!

I'm sick! Sinus mess has gone to my chest. Will probably go to doctor tomorrow. That said, I'm doing Lasagna Soup. Sick comfort food. UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 9/26?? by Gourmet_Mom (Nice, Jean![br][br]I...)
Feel better soon, Daphne!

We had a late lunch/early dinner in Asiatown today. Tried a different Vietnamese restaurant from the one we usually go to. It was excellent. We had summer rolls, pork spring rolls, we split a Bahn Mi sandwich, and shared a bowl of Pho Ga. Everything was delicious and we're stuffed!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."