Request
  Re: (...)
The cookbook app for recipes on my iPad was acting up and not functioning at all. So I made a backup file of all my recipes and began to delete and restore the cookbook app. When all is said and done the app still wasn't functioning, And the backup file I made, turned out to contain only pictures of the recipes and not the actual recipes.
In short, I lost everything I had on that program.
I was wondering if there was a way I could search all the post I made on here, And perhaps find some of the recipes that were lost.
Also if any of you my friends can remember recipes we've talked about and get me back to them I could record them all over again.
Thanks for your help
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Request by farnfam (The cookbook app for...)
Cis have you looked at your profile to see, maybe, which recipe posts you've replied to? That should you started
  Re: Re: Request by DFen911 (Cis have you looked ...)
3,636 of them!! Wow, I'll help anyway I can. I usually add the name of whoever posts a recipe that I copy. I'll go search 'cis' in M.C.

Good luck, Sweetie!

Well, this is what I have in M.C. -

This first one is titled: "Thursday, November 27, 2008" Here's what it is....
(at the bottom of this it says - Note: Shrimp Breakfast Tacos (Tacos con huevos y camarones) - so guess that what it is.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Thursday, November 27, 2008

•olive oil or bacon grease
•sweet onion -- finely chopped
•roasted -- peeled, seeded, chopped Hatch green chile, one per medium onion (may substitute Anaheim, or Poblano)
-------
•two peeled cloves garlic per medium onion
•chili powder or -- (preferably Tears of Joy Armadillo Rub!) barbeque rub
•pinch salt
•a half dozen medium shrimp -- peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
•two authentic flour tortillas (small -- taco size; HEB house brand has lard but is nice Central Market and Whole Foods now carry oil or butter based tacos in these parts.)
•Two eggs -- cracked in a bowl and blended
•black pepper
•fresh lime
•ripe Haas avocado slices

You will need two frying pans, one nonstick and one cast iron.

1) Fry onions and chiles in oil or grease slowly, adding pressed or crushed garlic cloves, salt and spice blend to taste in nonstick frying pan.

2) when onions are translucent, remove most of the vegetable blend from pan and save for some other recipe; you will need just a small amount here.

3) Add shrimp; fry the shrimp with veggies until just barely cooked. Take nonstick pan off heat.

4) Warm tortillas in hot cast iron pan on each side until heated through and one side starts to brown. (If they start to puff up, you have the authentic kind. Remove them just as they start to inflate.) Put in warm oven or ceramic tortilla dish to keep warm.

5) Reheat nonstick pan. Once hot, add eggs. Scramble until no longer runny. Put into warm tortillas.

6) Sprinkle generously with lime juice and freshly ground black pepper. (This step is crucial.)
7) Garnish with avocado slices.

Serves two, obviously. Scales up to the number of eggs you can scramble in your pan. (Hungry younger folk can easily handle two tacos each.)

Serve with refried beans, orange juice or mimosas, and if you can find such a thing in Texas, a halfway decent cup of coffee. Enjoy! And don't ever tell me I never had an original idea in my life.

Description:
"Cis posted this 10/3/11"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note: Shrimp Breakfast Tacos (Tacos con huevos y camarones)

----------------
and then these:

Serrano Salsa Verde
Eggplant, Pear & Pecorino salad
New Pizza Dough from Country Bread
Crusty Country French Bread
Cis’s Eggplant Pasta
Cheat’s Ciabatta
Cis’s Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Cold/Refrigerator Bread Rising
Eggplant & Seafood stir-fry
Green salad
Mystery Community Bag dinners
NY Bagels
Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed
Waffles
Cilantro Scampi with Cheddar Biscuits
Eggplant Rollatini, page 15
Mushroom Croustades
Salmon Cannelloni with Lemon Cream Sause (sic)
Chicken with Preserved Lemons
Cis’s Fresh Pasta – from Biba
Pesto Rousso – Cis
Camarones Con Salsa Blanca
Grapefruit Vinaigrette
Indian Dinner – cis Posted
Pasta w/Broccoli & gorgonzola
Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Stacks
Crusty Country Bread & Cornmeal Pizza
Eggplant and Harissa Sandwich with Homemade Harissa
Red of the Winter People (A Liqueur for the Night Season)
Gravlax (dill-cured Salmon)
Cis’s Chorizo Bites
Fish Tacos
-------

Let me know what you need.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Request by DFen911 (Cis have you looked ...)
OUCH!!!!! Wish I could help BUT I bet Labs will come to the rescue!! )smile)
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Request by Roxanne 21 (OUCH!!!!! Wish I c...)
Oh no Cis - I'm sorry! How frustrating!
  Re: Re: Request by Trixxee (Oh no Cis - I'm sorr...)
Oh Cis that's awful! I know how you feel. What a pain.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Request by Harborwitch (Oh Cis that's awful!...)
You could use the forum's own search feature and put in your username for the username search. Be sure to clear out both of the time fields so the search will go back as far as possible. Also specify 200 as the number of results to return (which is the maximum this system allows).

It may be better to go to your profile (click on your name to the left of one of your messages - such as the one at the beginning of this thread) and then click on "Show all user's posts."

Another approach would be to use Google with a search that looks like this:
Quote:

farnfam site:cuisineathome.com

Either way, you're going to get a LOT of results back.

For either of the searches (not the "Show all user's posts" bit), you could try to narrow down the results by adding other search terms, such as the word "ingredients," but the formatting of posted recipes is so varied and inconsistent here (along with the use of photos or scanned images for some, leaving no searchable words) that some recipes could be missed. Then again, if you're just looking for your own responses to posted recipes, the formatting of the recipe may not matter, since you'll really be searching for the replies in order to scroll back to the actual recipes that other people posted.

Good luck.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Request by labradors (You could use the fo...)
I'm sorry, Cis. Good luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Request by farnfam (The cookbook app for...)
what recipe app was it?

This might be a long shot and not sure it will work but have you tried restoring an old iPad backup that had the app with the recipes on it.

Here's what I would do. I would do a backup in iTunes first to get all your current stuff backed up.

I would then search my iPad backups and find one that precedes when you deleted the program and try to restore it. If it does restore, hopefully your app would be there with all the recipes.

If the app has a way to export recipes or otherwise get them out of the program I'd use that.

Once you have them if it works, I'd then restore the backup you made at the very first.

I would find a better recipe app program. FWIW, Living Cookbook will come have an iPhone/iPad app by the end of the year.

Please let me know if I can help.
  Re: Re: Request by Cubangirl (what recipe app was ...)
Alina, The app was called MY RECIPE BOOK. I've been looking around for backups on my iMac and in iTunes but all I could find was the backup file with the recipe pictures in it. I'll keep trying though.
PS I'm done with that app
Cis
Empress for Life