What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

We're having a pizza and bubbly brunch - haven't done this for a while. I have two (probably last) San Marzano tomatoes and some sausage, so with some onion & basil that'll be our pizza.

Later, we're having first of the steaks and frites (grilled).
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
William is making me Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch. Dinner will probably be fillet mignon and the Tomato Dressing and a salad.

I think I need to go back to the doctor. This Zpack is soooooo not working at all. In three days, it hasn't made a dent in it. I guess I have had it often enough over the years, it has quit working? What I do know is I'm sick of this!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by Gourmet_Mom (William is making me...)
Trying to make grilled chicken El Pollo Loco style. Cut up a whole chicken and it's been marinating since yesterday afternoon. I'll make some of the spanish/mexican rice I made last week and some pinto beans. The end product will be tacos or burritos.

We should have plenty of leftovers for a busy Monday night.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by Trixxee (Trying to make grill...)
I'm making Turkey Sausage & Spinach Orecchiette, a recipe that I saw in another magazine.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by Mare749 (I'm making Turkey Sa...)
I have some pork country ribs. I think I'll brown them off and add beer, onions, kraut, and caraway seeds and let them simmer. I work this afternoon so I think this will work. Corn bread on the side.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by Harborwitch (I have some pork cou...)
I'm tired of the crappy sauerkraut I've been getting - even the so-called good stuff, so I'm going to make some. I haven't done it since we left California, so it is time!

The pizza was sure good this a.m. And, we raised our glasses to my oldest, bestest, kahlua-drinking friend's b'day today - Coleenie. Some of you met her at the last party on the hill. Ooops, I think that was only Sharon now...Billy was there.

[Image: SanMarzonoSausagepizza.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by cjs (I'm tired of the cra...)
I remember Jean!

That pizza is beautiful!

Our dinner plans are changing. We both have to work, and no telling when Bob will get off work - they are doing the greens (aerifying, sanding, and verticuting) They will work as long as there is light - and start at the crack of dawn again tomorrow.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by Harborwitch (I remember Jean! [b...)
Poor Bob!

Yummy looking pizza, Jean! William pointed to my pan just today and said it was about time to use it again....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by Harborwitch (I remember Jean! [b...)
Beautiful picture Jean, that is a delicious looking pizza!

Tonight I'm making the Chile Colorado Burritos, except I'm using chicken breast and I'm cooking it on the stove top (not in a crockpot). It's simmering right now, and I have to say, this house smells like a Mexican restaurant! Thanks again Trixxee for the recipe.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? by losblanos1 (Beautiful picture Je...)
Everybody to Blane's house!!!
www.achefsjourney.com